ketchUp is an easy-to-learn 3D modeling program that enables you to explore the world in 3D. With just a few simple tools, you can create 3D models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects – even space ships. And once you’ve built your models, you can place them in Google Earth.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading models with invalid match photo images.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening models containing images with certain Exif data on them.
- Fixed an issue where certain models with large textures and nicer transparency could become unusable after toggling x-ray mode off and on.
- Fixed an issue where SketchUp could appear to hang after switching between a scene with no transparency and one with nicer transparency.
- Fixed the Layers toolbar to perform a case-insensitive sort when sorting layers.
- Fixed an issue where 64-bit 4 x 16-bit RGBA alpha images displayed opaque.
- Fixed an issue where artifacts could be seen when holding down the left mouse button and moving the mouse rapidly with the Select tool active.
- Fixed an issue where drag selection did not always work properly after doing a triple-click select.
- Changed the units display of areas and volumes to now follow ISO conventions - e.g., we now display 100 mm2 vs 100 Millimeters2
- Added better error reporting when entering the wrong type of license to SketchUp.
- Changed the Text tool to report the xyz coordinate location when adding text to construction points.
- Windows: fixed a common crash that could occur when opening certain models with large images on XP.
- Windows: fixed an issue where thumbnail images in the Component Options dialog did not display for standard, non-admin users.
- Windows: fixed an issue where cancelling from saving a file with the "File > Save As" menu resulted in a failure to prompt you to save unfinished work.
- Windows: fixed an issue where material (*.skm) files saved on Windows would not display material thumbnails on the Mac.
- Mac: fixed an issue where in model materials were not visible until opening or creating a model.
- Mac: fixed an issue where the Layers toolbar did not change the current layer.
- Mac: fixed Photo Textures to accurately grab textures on Retina displays.
- Added, to the Getting Started toolbar, new drop down toolbars that group together tool sets.
- Changed the Draw menu to group certain tool sets together.
- Changed the Large Tool Set on the PC to be fixed at 2 columns and to dock vertically.
- Fixed a bug where the status bar was not showing text when hovering over a menu or toolbar.
- Changed the "Zoom Extents" context menu to "Zoom to Selected" to more accurately describe what it does.
- Mac: fixed a Mavericks-specific bug where snappy dialogs don't stay together when they are collapsed/expanded.
- Mac: fixed an issue where SketchUp would not remember that Ruby toolbars were opened.
- Mac: fixed a case where a snappy dialog stack containing the Styles dialog could break apart when being expanded/collapsed.
- Mac: added a warning message when deleting a scene via the scene context menu.
- Windows: increased the size of the face style buttons in the Styles browser.
- We updated the DWG libraries to support AutoCAD 2013.
- Fixed an issue with the DWG importer where some arcs could import inverted/displaced.
- Fixed an issue where some *.kmz files failed to import into SketchUp.
- Mac: DWG import now imports solid, region and body entities!
- Mac: fixed animation export to work when specifying a custom frame size.
- Windows: fixed EPS export to work and no longer create blank files.
- Windows: fixed mp4 animation export to no longer drop frames right before the video pauses on each scene.
- Windows: fixed an issue where you saw an "Unable to create video file" error when exporting animations to the mp4 format with certain custom settings.
- Hidden geometry made visible via View > Hidden geometry used to incorrectly cast a shadow. With SU 2014, it no longer casts shadows.
- Fixed an issue where, if the "enable transparency" setting is turned off, SketchUp would ignore that setting and still treat faces as transparent for shadow casting, resulting in shadows not being cast that should have been.
- Fixed an issue where face me components with transparent materials that should not cast shadows (opacity < 70), previously cast shadows.
- Fixed an issue where edge shadows were incorrectly cast when a section plane lies right on a face.
- Fixed an issue where, in models with faces that are slightly non-planar, stringy shadows could be seen.
- We upgraded the Ruby API runtime to Ruby 2.0 with full Standard Library, giving Developers a better platform for creating new SketchUp tools and one that offers improved support for non-English characters, section planes, text and dimensions and more.
- If you use Ruby plugins, be sure to read this article which explains how to migrate your plugins to SketchUp 2014. If you don't follow these instructions, some of your plugins may not work!
- If you are a Ruby Developer, check out our Developer Release Notes to see what has changed.
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later