SimpleMind Desktop is a mind-mapping tool that turns your Mac into a brainstorming, idea-collecting, and thought-structuring device. It connects to the similar SimpleMind for iPhone/iPad app.
- Easy to use drag, arrange, and edit directly on the Mind Map page.
- Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
- Full Undo/Redo in the editor.
- Visual styles change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
- Pick colors from style palette or custom colors.
- Cut/Copy/Paste – move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
- Create new MindMap from selection or clipboard
- Reconnect topics using drag-and-drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
- Embedded images in topics
- Tinted checkboxes: topic check boxes appear in the topic's stroke color (see image below). Change via Mind Map Style | Custom check box color. Defining (near) white as custom checkbox color results in plain black and white checkboxes
- New style added: "Natural + Colors", colorful paths without topic boxes (see image above)
- Export to Dropbox, in Mind Map menu, for mind maps on Dropbox
- Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon
- PDF bookmark extraction: Import PDF, Convert .pdf to mind map, link to bookmark in PDF document, support for linking to "page=number" in PDF links. Note: AppStore-edition only allows importing .pdfs on Dropbox; links to local files are not supported
- Add icon from file, add a custom icon without adding it to the custom icons library
- Double-click in empty space adds a Central Theme when nothing is selected
- Style-sheet selector shows preview images
- Improved lines in auto Top Down layout
- Performance improvement for dashed lines in low zoom factors
OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor