Shade is a suite of tools for curved-surface 3D modeling, animation, and rendering. Highlights include a Line Offset Tool, a redesigned text tool (works with OpenType and TrueType fonts and offers better interactive control), Least Squares Conformal Map unwrapping integrated into the Unwrap Editor, STL Import/Export (a standard format for 3D printing), polarized 3D monitor support, SketchUp 2013 Import, and more. Shade is available for OS X 10.6-10.8.
- LSCM Mapping - LSCM (Least Squares Conformal Map) is a UV tool that lets you unwrap arbitrary surfaces by preserving local angles.
- STL Import Export - Shade 3D is your go-to application for 3D printing with both import and export support for the STL format, along with other 3D printing optimizations.
- Line Offset Tool - Select an existing line and create multiple copies of new lines offset from the original, with options for specific distance, line styles, numbers of new lines and shift.
- Advanced Quality Optimization - Adjust the quality of light sources and surface materials individually, along with other quality adjustments in order to reduce your render time by 40% or more.
- Text Primitive - Shade 3D Text Primitive tool lets you interactively enter text, select fonts, position, amount of extrusion and spacing and then generate 3D text objects.
- 3D Polarized Monitor Support - Shade works with polarized (passive) 3D monitors now available with both OS X and Windows. View your work interactively in 3D.
- OpenGL Core Profile - When using Use All Lights with OpenGL 3.2 or higher, light softness closely matches lighting in your final rendered images.
- Line Thickness Tool - Use the Thickness Tool with Curved Surfaces and Polygon Meshes to add a thickness dimension to line objects.
- SketchUp 2013 Import - Now supports the latest version of Sketchup, in addition to the previous Google Sketchup (version 8).
Intel, OS X 10.7 or later