Safari Technology Preview contains the most recent additions and improvements to WebKit and the latest advances in Safari web technologies. And once installed, you will receive notifications of updates from the Mac App Store.
- Shared Links Extensibility. Use the new Shared Links API extension to add link suggestions to the shared links feed on Safari for OS X and iOS.
- Content Blocking API for Safari extensions. Easily block content from a large collection of webpage resources with minimal overhead and incredibly high performance.
- Force Touch Trackpad Mouse Events. Create interactivity like never before using new events and force information from the Force Touch Trackpad.
- CSS Scroll Snapping. Use CSS scroll snapping to keep the focal point of your content in view when scrolling momentum stops.
- FairPlay Streaming. Stream premium web video content securely with FairPlay Streaming support in Safari on OS X.
- Backdrop Filters. Add advanced image filters to the backdrop of your elements to achieve modern iOS and OS X material effects in your web content layouts.
Version 13.1: (Release 89):
- Implemented nullish coalescing with the ?? operator for ESNext
- Added referrerpolicy attribute support for elements
- Changed window.openDatabase to be overridable
- Fixed an IndexedDB error where the starting version change transaction may be neglected
- Fixed the ability to unbold selected text when the system font is used
- Made storing cross-origin top-level prefetches in HTTP cache optional
- Moving right by word boundary right before an object element followed by a element hangs
- Removed support for beforeload on link=prefetch
- Fixed Daring Fireball long press highlights that were unnecessarily inflated due to false illegibility
- Fixed contextual menu actions for YouTube videos
- Exposed the aria-label attribute for elements
- Enabled a WebRTC debug mode without encryption
- Fixed support for FLAC-in-MP4
- Added support for console.screenshot with detached (not in main DOM tree) and elements
- Added support for console.screenshot with ImageData and ImageBitmap
- Added a "Show Grid" navigation item for the Images collection in the Resources tab
- Added an indicator/separator around items in the Images collection in the Resources tab
- Add special case for about:blank resources to show "Resource has no content" message
- Fixed display of application/xml content for XHR requests
- Fixed issues toggling multiple breakpoints when they’re collapsed into one line
- Fixed Command-X (⌘X) to cut selected properties in the Styles sidebar
- Made the Changes panel in the Elements Tab render with LTR text direction
- Implemented errors for GPURenderPipeline creation
- Added descriptive error messages in WHLSL
- Changed checker to setError() when a property access node can’t commit its base type in WHLSL
- Changed to return the zero-value enum in the enum-from-integer constructor when the integer is not a valid enum value in WHLSL
- Made enums work in WHLSL
- Updated matrix memory layout to match HLSL by laying out columns linearly in WHLSL
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor