Safari Technology Preview contains the most recent additions and improvements to WebKit and the latest advances in Safari web technologies. And once installed, you will receive notifications of updates from the Mac App Store.
- Shared Links Extensibility. Use the new Shared Links API extension to add link suggestions to the shared links feed on Safari for OS X and iOS.
- Content Blocking API for Safari extensions. Easily block content from a large collection of webpage resources with minimal overhead and incredibly high performance.
- Force Touch Trackpad Mouse Events. Create interactivity like never before using new events and force information from the Force Touch Trackpad.
- CSS Scroll Snapping. Use CSS scroll snapping to keep the focal point of your content in view when scrolling momentum stops.
- FairPlay Streaming. Stream premium web video content securely with FairPlay Streaming support in Safari on OS X.
- Backdrop Filters. Add advanced image filters to the backdrop of your elements to achieve modern iOS and OS X material effects in your web content layouts.
- Enabled the new “visual viewports” model for how position: fixed and position: stickyelements are positioned during pinch zooming and while zoomed in
- Prevented emoji buttons from displaying in the Touch Bar for password inputs
- Enabled Shared Array Buffers
- Added a syntax error to report an unexpected token when async is followed by identifier in contexts where an async arrow function cannot occur
- Added Document.onvisibilitychange event handler attribute
- Added reflected nonce attribute to the HTML Link element
- Added support for the deprecated dictionary constructors of DOMPointReadOnly and DOMPoint
- Fixed an issue where Custom Elements from a different document are not customized when created with innerHTML
- Fixed an issue causing animations followed by a transition to not always fire the transitionendevent
- Prevented document.webkitFullscreenElement and document.webkitCurrentFullScreenElementfrom exposing a node inside a shadow tree
- Changed to require preflight for non-standard CORS-safelisted request headers Accept, Accept-Language, and Content-Language
- Implemented Strict Mixed Content Checking; block-all-mixed-content directive
- Content Security Policy: Taught preload scanner how to preload s and s with nonce attribute
- Content Security Policy: Allow ws: and wss: with connect-src * or default-src *
- Enabled support for a modern CSS parser, ported from Blink, that improves performance, specification compliance, and compatibility with other browsers, while also adding support for scientific notation in all CSS numbers
- Fixed short columns in elements with the columns property
- Fixed scrolling without momentum at the end of a scroll snapping container
- Fixed line selection in flexbox layouts
- Fixed ::after and ::before on :host
- Fixed an issue causing keyframes to not work when defined inside a style in a shadow tree
- Prevented document.pointerLockElement from exposing a node inside a shadow tree
- Changed to exit pointer lock when page goes into page cache
- Made the cursor visible when exiting pointer lock using the ESC key
- Changed the API for pointer lock to be hidden when disabled in the Experimental Features menu
- Changed behavior to exit both fullscreen and pointer lock when the ESC key is pressed
- Added the ability to distinguish if a script was parsed as a module
- Changed Heap Snapshot data grids to allow keyboard navigation
- Fixed Assertion Failures breakpoint to respect the global Breakpoints enabled setting
- Added support for template literals in the Breakpoint Log action
- Fixed an issue where some resources fetched via Fetch API would not have data
- Fixed a bug to allow deleting a breakpoint from a worker script
- Updated Esprima to support new syntax for ** operators , async, await, and trailing commas
- Added support for SPKI format for SubtleCrypto.importKey and SubtleCrypto.exportKey
- Added support for PKCS8 format while doing SubtleCrypto.importKey and SubtleCrypto.exportKey
- Changed to allow importing keys without usages for RSA algorithms
- Fixed an issue that could cause YouTube to pause when switching tabs
- Fixed an issue where typing certain queries into Safari’s Smart Search Field would crash Safari Technology Preview
- Fixed an issue where pages loading in background tabs would erroneously appear in the frontmost tab when they finished loading
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor