rekordbox is the best way of preparing and managing your tracks, be it at home, in the studio, or even on the plane! It allows you to import music from other music-management software using the Bridge function, or by simply adding them into the software for management. rekordbox will work out the BPM and allow you to set hot-cue and loop points into the track, utilizing a full beat grid view in advance, as well as color-coding your music and adding all the ID3 information so it appears automatically later on any rekordbox-enabled Pioneer DJ player.
Working with rekordbox also means that when tracks are exported to a USB key or SD card (CDJ-2000NXS and CDJ-2000 only), the waveforms are loaded instantly. Record your cue, loop, and set history during your set and recall them in rekordbox later. If you enable the Quantize feature within the CDJ-2000NXS/CDJ-2000/CDJ-900NXS/CDJ-900, then rekordbox makes loop and cue points snap to the beat (1ms accurate), ensuring beat-perfect loops and cues. The database layout within the software can also be customized to suit individual DJ style which enables personalized layouts when browsing on your Pioneer player.
- “My Tag” and “Match” for adding keywords and mix information for each track to music
- “Preview” function that lets users play and check music directly from a list
- “Playlist Palette” function to display up to five playlists with the ability to edit
- “Sync Manager” function for synchronizing playlists from other software locations and devices (rekordbox/iTunes/USB storage devices, etc.)
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor