RapidWeaver is a next-generation Web design application to help you easily create professional-looking Web sites in minutes. No knowledge of complex code is required, RapidWeaver will take care of all that for you. RapidWeaver produces valid XHTML & CSS based websites.
One of the perks about using RapidWeaver is that it has a strong custom theme community. You can download themes and edit them from within RapidWeaver and the result is a pretty slick looking website that takes very little effort.
RapidWeaver also has a lot of custom plug-ins. Some of them make it easier to edit images directly in RapidWeaver. Others make creating a site map a matter of a few clicks. The supportive community that surrounds RapidWeaver is really what makes this great app superior to other WYSIWYG website creation tools. Be sure to check out YourHead.com for some little tools to help spice up your website in RapidWeaver.
- A huge number of optimisations to make navigating your project, previewing pages and making theme changes quicker. RapidWeaver 6.2 is up to twice as fast as previous versions!
- Fixes a problem that caused the site name instead of the project file name to appear at the top of the project window.
- Fixes a problem where a third-party plugin update could cause RapidWeaver to crash.
- Fixes a problem where RapidWeaver would ungracefully handle ASCII characters in site names.
- Fixes a problem where changes to a page's Metatags would not be saved if you closed the editor whilst still editing.
- Fixes a problem where an accessibility label in the Snippets window would appear on top of the Add Snippet button.
- Fixes a problem where RapidWeaver could crash when generating a page using PHP.
- Fixes a problem where RapidWeaver would crash when tidying up temporary files.
- Performance improvements when handling Theme Variations - RapidWeaver now caches theme variations, instead of loading them each time the Variations area appears.
- Fixes a problem where an empty Theme Style file could cause RapidWeaver to crash.
- Fixes a problem where Theme Variations may reset after creating a custom Theme Style.
- Optimised images in all built-in themes. On average, we've made the images 20% smaller, meaning your site will load even quicker!
- Fixes a problem where Theme Variation colours would not correctly refresh.
- Fixes a problem where, after publishing, the "Changed" flag on a Resource would not be correctly cleared until the Resource was clicked on.
- Fixes a problem that caused password changes to not be recognised by the Publishing window.
- Fixes a problem that prevented Public Key authentication being fully enabled in the Bookmarks Manager.
- Fixes a problem where multiple FTP bookmarks with the same name wouldn't be shown in RapidWeaver.
File Sharing Plugin
- Fixes a problem where a missing file on the File Sharing page could cause RapidWeaver to crash.
Photo Album Plugin
- Fixes problems with the Photo Album where the Slideshow would not start, and in some cases not load images.
OS X 10.9 or later