Quicken 2016 helps you manage all your personal finances in one place, so you can see where you’re spending and where you can save. Quicken automatically categorizes your financial transactions, helps you stay on top of bills and set goals so you can save more. You can even access your data on the go.
- View All Your Accounts in One Place – See all your bank, credit card, investment and retirement accounts in one place, so you know exactly where you stand. Quicken 2016 downloads your income and expenses from your accounts, so you don’t have to enter transactions manually and avoid the hassle of going to multiple websites.
- See Exactly Where Your Money Is Going – Quicken 2016 automatically categorizes expenses like groceries, entertainment, and more, so you don’t have to edit them manually. You can easily see where you’re spending and where you can save.
- Plan, and Stay on, a Budget – We make it easy to get on a budget you can live with. Quicken 2016 automatically sets up budget goals based on what you’ve spent in the past. You can customize your plan, and we’ll track your progress.
- Never Miss a Bill – Quicken 2016 automatically creates bill reminders for you based on your previous bills; you can customize or add reminders as needed. We’ll alert you when bills are coming up, so you can pay them on time and avoid late fees.
- Make Smart Money Decisions on the Go – Check your account balances and budget on the go. Our free mobile app syncs data from your computer to your iPhone and iPad. Take pictures of receipts to track key purchases.
- Manage Your Investments and Plan for Taxes – See how your investments are performing. We’ll continuously update quotes to keep your portfolio value current. We make tax time easier by tracking cost basis estimating capital gains, and creating Schedule D tax reports.
- Getting Started Is a Breeze – Step-by-step guidance helps you get up and running fast. Just answer a few simple questions; we’ll show you how Quicken works, and what to do next. You’ll see your financial picture come quickly into focus.
- Import Data From Previous Quicken Versions – Easily import data from Quicken 2015, Quicken Essentials, Quicken 2007, and Quicken Windows 2010 or newer versions.
2 Brand New Features
- [New] 12-Month Budgets - Plan your spending to achieve the goals important to you (e.g., vacation, car, new home, retirement). Now customize your budget with one-time-only, periodic and recurring monthly expenses. Easily track spending and income against your plan to stay on target.
- [New] Portfolio Time Machine (As Of Date) - See the historical value of your portfolio and individual holdings at a particular point in time. Track your investment performance over the past days, weeks, or years. Gain deeper learning and insights for future investing.
Big and Small Improvements
- [Improvement] You can now set up bill reminders and create Online Bill Pay transactions. This wasn’t supported before. (Thanks to hfm and our other bill pay customers for finding and reporting this issue).
- [Improvement] Added a today button to the calendar picker and updated the look.
- [Improvement] Fixed an issue where some date fields were too narrow for Canadian date format.
- [Improvement] Increased the number of places today’s gain/loss number could be. This will help our wealthiest customers.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an auto-matching issue that would pick the wrong manually entered transaction after downloading bank information if there was a similar older transaction. (Thanks to Pearl who went out of her way to work with us to solve the issue).
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where categories weren’t being saved if the transaction was edited in the All Accounts view.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where transactions were not being auto-categorized for some Direct Connect accounts.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where scrolling would break and 2 arrows would appear if opening a register drop down at the bottom of the screen.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue where the change PIN dialog wouldn't appear even after the financial institution notified Quicken to display the dialog.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed a weird scrolling anomaly where the toolbar appears over the latest transaction when sorted in ascending order.
- [Crash] Fixed the #1 crash in 3.2.1 which could occur when tabbing in and out of the Tag field.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that could occur when updating a Direct Connect account.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that could occur when editing a security name in the securities list.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that could occur when enabling and disabling alerts.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that could occur when opening and closing the Account Setup screen multiple times from different locations.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed a calendar issue where the date didn't get set when manually adding a price history in the security window.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that occurred when expanding and collapsing categories in the setup window when editing a budget number.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that could occur if you delete a custom category while editing the budget.
- [Crash] Fixed a crash that could occur in the security window when editing bond information.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor