QuarkXPress 2016 builds on the success of its predecessor, which 66% of users (in an online poll) rated as the best version of QuarkXPress ever. With its 64-bit architecture, QuarkXPress 2016 delivers outstanding performance across the board, from file handling and layout rendering to PDF export. Add in a raft of innovative new capabilities and long-requested features, and you have a winning combination for creatives who only want the best.
- Convert PDF, Illustrator, and EPS Files to Native QuarkXPress Objects – Say goodbye to time-consuming projects (think rebuilding logos and reconstructing PDF files sent by your clients). QuarkXPress is the first layout application to import PDF, Illustrator and EPS files and convert them to native objects (restrictions apply). Look forward to fully editable Bezier versions of vector graphics, real text and automatically extracted colors and font information.
- Copy-and-Paste Objects from Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Others to QuarkXPress – Simply copy items from other applications such as PowerPoint, Illustrator or even InDesign and paste them into your QuarkXPress layout as Native QuarkXPress Objects (restrictions apply), allowing you to easily complete or reuse them up in QuarkXPress 2016.
- Multi-Color Gradients – Some things are worth waiting for. With the new Multi-Color Gradients you have all the flexibility you’ve yearned for when designing color blends. Create as many color stops as you like, use sliders or numeric settings, opt for the full radial setting or set the aspect ratio. Unlike other layout software, you can even set different opacity levels for each color stop.
- Export as HTML5 Publications – Building on the popularity of reflowable and fixed layout eBooks and stunning interactive apps from App Studio, QuarkXPress 2016 adds another digital output format. You can now create HTML5 Publications without any additional software and no additional digital publishing costs (own Web server/domain required). Just upload HTML5 Publications to your own website and show the world. HTML5 Publications displays pixel-perfect layouts on all modern desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers, providing an easy and effective online experience. With HTML5 Publications you can go beyond static print layouts to add interactive enrichments such as scrollable areas, slide shows, animations and more. Quite possibly the easiest way to share your final magazine, newspaper, comics, reports, ads and more. Even use HTML5 Publications to enable Web-based previews for your customers.
- Support for OpenType Stylistic Sets – Typography lovers – it’s time to get excited. With modern digital fonts, font designers can group related alternative characters into OpenType Stylistic Sets, which may be switched on together. Stylistic Sets give users the ability to quickly apply these sets with one click. For example, Vollkorn, a free body typeface by Friedrich Althausen, provides two stylistic sets that you can easily switch between. One is a more standard “old-style” set for body text and another “plainer” stylistic set is better suited for headlines while preserving the look of the whole body text. QuarkXPress adds support for Stylistic Sets to its OpenType support and allows you to quickly make use of this powerful feature for automating typography.
- XTensions Interface Consistency – If you have already invested in a publishing system or third party software that integrates with QuarkXPress 2015, there’s good news. You can continue to work with QuarkXPress 2016 without disruption. As the plug-in interface is the same between QuarkXPress 2016 and QuarkXPress 2015, your XTensions will work in the new version uninterrupted (provided the XTension does not conflict with any of the new functionality).
Version 18.104.22.168 (November 2016):
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9.5 or later.
- Further improves quality and stability
OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor