With QuarkXPress, you can communicate in all the ways you need to — and always look professional — in print and digital media, all in a single tool. Features include:
- Easy to Use — QuarkXPress is a powerful and full-featured tool that makes it easy to develop your ideas into gorgeous layouts.
- Powerful Design Tools — QuarkXPress provides an arsenal of design tools that let you turn even the most elaborate visions into reality.
- Precision Typography — Typography is an art form, and QuarkXPress provides the tools you need to create powerful works of typographical art. If you’re a perfectionist, QuarkXPress provides all of the tools you need to reach perfection. If you’re not, QuarkXPress provides presets and default behaviors that make your work look professional even when you’re not paying attention to the details.
- Digital Publishing: Web, SWF (Flash®), e-books, and more — QuarkXPress provides a toolset that lets you design and publish for a variety of output formats — including the Web, smartphones, e-readers, and tablets – without having to learn a different skill set for each, learn to write code or program, or purchase additional software applications.
- Integration with other Applications — No application is an island. That’s why QuarkXPress was designed from the beginning to work with files in a wide variety of formats.
- Layout Automation — QuarkXPress not only provides you with world-class layout tools — it provides you with automation tools that allow you to create top-end design quickly and efficiently.
- Reliable Print Output — The most gorgeous print layout in the world is no good if you can’t print it. With over two decades of experience as the premiere tool for creating high-quality printed output, QuarkXPress has the tools you need to make sure that your layouts look the way you design them, both on the screen and on the press, without time-consuming troubleshooting and tweaking.
- Collaboration — Do you need to keep style and color definitions consistent within a workgroup? Would you like to be able to have more than one person working on a layout at the same time – even if they’re in different locations? Would you like to be able to import an Excel spreadsheet, then automatically update the layout when the spreadsheet changes? QuarkXPress helps you to make sure that when you work with others, you’re really working together.
- Xenon Graphics Engine The new state-of-the-art Xenon Graphics Engine takes full advantage of your computer's processing power, rendering rich PDFs, Photoshop and TIFF images giving you maximum performance at the most appropriate resolution.
- HiDPI and Retina Display Support With a pixel density so high that the human eye can't distinguish individual pixels, every element of QuarkXPress 10 has been optimized to take full advantage of high-resolution Retina displays.
- Modern and Optimized UI From the new full-screen view to auto-hiding dockable palettes, QuarkXPress 10 has been redesigned inside and out.
- PDF Pass-Through Transparency Avoid flattening and create smaller, more nimble, device-independent PDFs. QuarkXPress objects can interact with placed PDFs and maintain the transparency throughout your workflow.
- QR Code Creator Generate vector Quick Response (QR) codes directly within QuarkXPress and style and color them the way you want. Supports text QR codes such as URLs and SMS as well as vCards.
- Import Pictures and Hyperlinks from MS WordTake MS Word docs with embedded or linked pictures and place them directly into your QuarkXPress layout. Hyperlinks are automatically honored and added to the Hyperlinks Palette.
- East Asian Typography Features in Every Edition Maintain total control over Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean layouts.
- Export to ePUB Convert your QuarkXPress layouts into standardized eBooks for the Amazon Kindle, iBooks®, Sony® Reader, NOOK, and more.
- Design for App Studio App Studio is the leading cloud-based HTML5 solution that turns print into interactive award-winning tablet and smartphone experiences. Now you can design interactive app content directly within QuarkXPress, then publish it to your own branded apps for iPad, iPhone, and Android, and other mobile devices.
- Layer Enhancements Make layers an integral part of your design with support for layers on master pages. Paste also now remembers layers and if those layers don't exist in the target layout, QuarkXPress will create new layers automatically. Use the new palette preference to turn this feature on or off.
- Print Preview Ensure your output settings are correct before printing with new thumbnail page previews in the print dialog.
- Key Item Space/Align Key Item Space/Align makes it easy to align and space objects relative to a key item. Select your key item first and everything else will be relative to it.
- Highlight Missing Fonts It's now effortless to find text that uses a missing font in a layout. You can even change the highlight color in the preferences.
- Improved IME support Correct entered text without having to retype the phonetic again by easily choosing different characters from the candidate list. Send text to Japanese, Korean, Chinese and 3rd party IMEs.
- Full-Screen Color Browsing Utilize the full size of your screen to add and edit colors in QuarkXPress. Browse rich Pantones in multiple views to choose the one that's just right for your design.
- OS X file extensions now added to QuarkXPress files
- Flip shapes horizontally and vertically
- Easily join, extend, and close open Béziér paths
- Apply Style Sheets after creation
- Support for Portuguese Reformed hyphenation and spellcheck
- Layout tab reordering
- Set default tool preferences from existing objects
- View persistent Unicode values in the Glyphs Palette
- Set separate trim view pasteboard color for App Studio
- And more...
OS X 10.7.5 or later