The qBittorrent project was started in March 2006 to create a lightweight but featureful BitTorrent client that would be multi-platform and very easy to use.
qBittorrent v2 is the closest open source (GNU GPL v2 license) equivalent to mtorrent. qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, …
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- Fix share ratio limiting. Broken by commit 259b5e51c49b744.
- Case insensitive sort for client column.
- Make resume/pause menu items clickable.
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor