PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Display the correct version number for libraries created on macOS 10.14.6
- Fixed a bug where, when copying multiple albums from inside a folder, only one album would be recreated in the destination library
- Fixed an issue where PowerPhotos could hang on startup if the user has a large number of libraries in their library list
- Fixed an issue where per-library Photos preferences would not be preserved when switching libraries
- Fixed a bug where clicking the green checkmark next to a library would not always activate that library
macOS 10.12.2 or later, 64-bit processor