PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Fixed an issue where trying to delete a library after a merge or duplicate search would claim that the library was still in use by that operation
- Fixed a bug where dragging photos from grid view would not display the images while dragging them
- Added HEIC as an option when creating a custom duplicate rule for choosing which format of photo you want to keep
- Double clicking a library in PowerPhotos once again brings Photos to the front if the library was already open
- Fixed a bug where the contextual menu would show up twice when right clicking in grid view
macOS 10.12.2 or later, 64-bit processor