PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
- Improve handling of Photos crashing while importing photos
- Fixed a bug where a warning about merging an optimized iCloud library could be displayed even if storage optimization is disabled
- If Photos crashes while assigning keywords to duplicate photos, we now relaunch Photos and continue
- We now log relevant preference settings when copying or merging
- Fixed an issue where the system library would not load properly on some systems
- Fixed an issue where "Select in Photos" wouldn't work if the underlying photo file was missing
- Improved error messages shown when trying to access a library that's part of a Time Machine backup.
- "Enter Full Screen" menu item now reads "Exit Full Screen" when already in full screen mode
- Updated Find Duplicates exclusion rules to reflect new album names
- Updated Sparkle framework to fix security vulnerability
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor