PopChar X helps you get the most out of your font collection.
With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar X provides a frustration-free way to access any font’s special characters.
Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters — Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar X makes it happen.
PopChar X displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can’t access most of these characters from your keyboard — PopChar X puts them within your reach.
No matter what app you are using, PopChar X brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you’re working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar X integrates seamlessly.
PopChar X’s seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
- Faster display of the character table.
- The built-in installer now reliably cleans up temporary files after automatic updates.
- Reduced background activity by reloading the available fonts only when absolutely necessary.
- Fewer console log messages for recurring activities.
- Improved performance of application monitoring tasks.
- PopChar now detects the current font in QuarkXPress.
- Faster detection of the current application font when the PopChar window opens.
- PopChar now remembers the previously selected font separately for each application.
- When a new version of PopChar is available, a more informative message now also mentions the release date and the currently installed version.
- On OS X 10.9 Mavericks, the "corner P" now appears on the active screen on multi-monitor configurations.
- The "corner P" is now updated much faster when the screen configuration changes.
- PopChar now avoids contextual alternate forms when displaying the character table.
- Improved assistant for enabling accessibility permissions for PopChar.
- On OS X 10.9 Mavericks, PopChar now shows a more precise message when it needs accessibility permissions.
- New button locking strategy in the Registration window avoids misunderstandings with correctly registered licenses.
- Faster startup and slightly reduced memory footprint with many installed fonts.
- The total count of characters in the group menu now excludes the favorites, so favorite characters are no longer counted twice.
- Fixes an issue that resulted in warning messages about deprecated methods.
- Fixes a problem that caused the small "P" to appear along an edge of the screen on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Works around a rare crash during background scanning of fonts on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Fixes a problem that caused PopChar to become unresponsive when installed fonts were removed.
Intel/PPC, OS X 10.5.8 or later