PopChar X helps you get the most out of your font collection.
With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar X provides a frustration-free way to access any font’s special characters.
Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters — Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar X makes it happen.
PopChar X displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can’t access most of these characters from your keyboard — PopChar X puts them within your reach.
No matter what app you are using, PopChar X brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you’re working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar X integrates seamlessly.
PopChar X’s seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
- In Apple Color Emoji, PopChar now shows combination characters that are created from "zero width joiner" character sequences (such as couple and family icons).
- The "Font Info" view now contains information about the font format (OpenType, TrueType, PostScript).
- The keyboard shortcut for opening the PopChar window may now include the enter key.
- Typing with the mouse pointer over the character table now starts a search without needing to select the search field first.
- When a new version is available, the message in the Preferences window now also informs about the current version.
- Fixes a cosmetic issue with partially truncated character descriptions.
- More tolerant handling of dashes in license key.
- Fixes an installation problem during an update when the previous version had been moved to the trash.
- "invalid advancement" problems of fonts are now reported in the console log only once.
- Fixes a problem that resulted in a large empty space when looking for a character in a collapsed group.
- Improved handling of previous preference settings when switching between different PopChar versions.
OS X 10.6 or later