PopChar X helps you get the most out of your font collection.
With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar X provides a frustration-free way to access any font’s special characters.
Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters — Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar X makes it happen.
PopChar X displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can’t access most of these characters from your keyboard — PopChar X puts them within your reach.
No matter what app you are using, PopChar X brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you’re working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar X integrates seamlessly.
PopChar X’s seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
- Support for Unicode 8.0.
- PopChar is prepared for El Capitan (solves a problem that resulted in empty character tables).
- PopChar now includes searchable descriptions and Mandarin pronunciations of Chinese characters, according to the Unicode standard.
- PopChar now shows a small keyboard symbol next to the keyboard combination for the selected character.
- Loading of character names when the PopChar window opens is now about 6 times faster.
- Produces fewer console log messages when searching for shapes and importing favorite characters.
- The character description at the bottom of the table consists of up to two lines for longer descriptions.
- Works around a situation in which a new version could not be installed because an active older version would not quit.
- Fixes a problem that caused the "Mark Fonts Containing…" command to fail for characters outside the first Unicode plane.
- Works around a cosmetic issue with vertical offsets of characters from different fonts.
- More robust handling of font families with inaccessible font members (which also solves a problem with fallback fonts on El Capitan).
- Fine-tuned size adjustments for more than 20 fonts, in particular many fonts for Arabic.
- Works around a problem in MS Word 2016 that caused the creation of bookmarks around copied text fragments.
- Works around an issue that caused PopChar to become unresponsive when FreeHand was the current application.
- Fixes an insertion problem in CorelDRAW.
OS X 10.6 or later