PopChar X helps you get the most out of your font collection.
With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar X provides a frustration-free way to access any font’s special characters.
Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters — Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar X makes it happen.
PopChar X displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can’t access most of these characters from your keyboard — PopChar X puts them within your reach.
No matter what app you are using, PopChar X brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you’re working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar X integrates seamlessly.
PopChar X’s seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
- When a new version is available, PopChar now shows a message that tells whether the new version is free.
- The Registration window now contains information about the issue date of the registered license key.
- When a new version is available, you can now check the new features before downloading the new version.
- Works around a bug in FileMaker, where certain characters could not be inserted.
- Fixes a bug in the export of favorite characters, when some favorite characters were outside the basic multilingual plane.
- Fixes a confusing message when a new version is available.
- Internal improvements in the implementation of update checking.
- Built-in installer adapted to new functions and appearance of Yosemite.
- Works around an occasional installation problem when the target folder was not writable.
- The installer now helps with purchasing and updating licenses when the current license does not cover the new version.
- When an emoji character is not available in the current font, it is now shown in the Apple Color Emoji font, which avoids empty cells in the PopChar table.
- Faster startup.
- Reduced memory footprint when PopChar is not actively used.
- PopChar now shows the names of the Emoji skin tone characters (which are not yet defined in the currently official Unicode version 7).
- Improved reliability of the formatted insertion technique.
- Works around a situation where the character table was scrolled to an unexpected offset after a font change.
- Fixes a problem that resulted in an invisible registration hint in trial mode.
- Works around an issue that could result in increasing memory usage over time.
OS X 10.6 or later, including OS X 10.10 Yosemite