Playr was made solely to focus on your video viewing experience. It’s not crammed with extra features for organizing files or to make playlists and such. You don’t need to install any extras or plug-ins to view your favorite movies, it just works.
Playr has been carefully developed using the latest available technologies with a meticulous attention to detail. Its user interface is clean, stylish, and simple to use. Hope you’ll enjoy it!
- Play almost any video file without the need for extra system extensions or plug-ins.
- Doesn’t depend on QuickTime or AVFoundation for playback.
- Hardware decoding for H.264 video to reduce CPU pressure.
- Automatically loads and displays embedded subtitles or subtitles from external files.
- Smart built-in subtitle search engine… find your movie or TV-show subtitles in a breeze.
- Supports all the major subtitle formats.
- Supports styling tags in subtitle files like italic, bold, and underline.
- Fully customizable subtitle display (font, size, color, shadows, etc.).
- Convenient metadata inspector that automatically pulls info from the net… with links to IMDb.
- Detailed movie inspector for all those nitty-gritty details.
- Retina graphics user interface.
- Retina resolution subtitles on your Retina MacBook Pro.
- Fullscreen player built-in (of course).
- Works just fine with OS X 10.10 Yosemite and 10.9 Mavericks.
- 64-bit native!
- Touch Bar support.
- The player window can now float on top of other windows.
- The player window is now movable by clicking and dragging anywhere inside it.
- The Inspector and other palettes are now hidden when the app is not activated.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor