PlaybackPro (PlaybackPro/RecordPro) is a fully modern Mac application that takes complete advantage of recent advances in software stability and graphics capabilities. Using one output as the operator interface, it sends clean video to the secondary video output, utilizing the graphics card for hardware acceleration and complete control over size, aspect ratio and levels. By allowing much greater flexibility in both the field and studio, it is intended to replace hardware DDRs (digital disk recorders), DVD players and video tape machines.
While the digital revolution has changed the way video is edited, its effects haven’t been truly felt in the live production industry, until now. We like to call it non-linear playback. PlaybackPro leads the way with a simple but powerful interface that allows flexibility and control over the playback of video content. PlaybackPro is completely non-destructive to original video files, allowing the same file to be referenced multiple times with separate in and out points, geometry and levels. All effects are rendered on-the-fly.
- Easy to understand Preview and Program paradigm.
- Clip ordering and play-listing, printable to paper and PDF.
- Resolution agnostic playback of virtually any file type by adding easy to find Quicktime Components.
- Automatically adjusts to the output resolution and aspect ratio. Content can be in any ratio (4:3, 16:9, etc) and has infinite adjustability through sizing, stretching, and cropping.
- Plugs right into today’s high-resolution switchers via DVI or VGA.
- PlaybackPro can utilize files placed on a high speed RAID array or media network. With enough disk bandwidth, PlaybackPro is capable of resolutions well beyond HD.
- PlaybackPro uses a document based architecture, which allows multiple shows to be created and switched between.
- Video of any type can be captured using the included RecordPro application in conjunction with any Quicktime-compatible capture device.
- DVD video can easily be extracted with 3rd party software, allowing much higher quality than when recording into another device (and finally fixes all the issues with DVD playback in a professional environment).
- Online back-ups are created easily utilizing the file system and networking capabilities of the operating system for ease of use and no generational loss.
- Ideal for use in ultra-widesceen applications.
- Complete control over each clip’s levels, including black-level, gain, saturation, gamma, and volume.
- Clean clip aborting, by fading out audio and video.
- Full start and end point controls, with easy fade-in and fade-out settings.
- Clear time-elapsed and time-remaining counters for accurate countdowns.
- Selectable slate frames for visual reference.
- Convenient “Goto 10” and “Goto 30” buttons for use during rehearsal “cue-to-cue” rundowns.
- Created specifically for live environments by video professionals.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.6 or later