Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
- The modern, single-window interface is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
- An intuitive and accessible design makes it easy for anyone to edit images — from complete beginners to design professionals
- Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
- Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
- Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
- Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
- Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
- Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
- Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
- Nondestructively customize the look of layers in your image using layer styles
- Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
- Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, lighten or darken precise areas, and more using a full set of retouching tools
- Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
- Pick out and edit precise parts of your images or copy objects from one image to another using a range of pixel-accurate selection tools
- Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
- Create your own vector graphics using the Pen and Freeform Pen tools
- Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
- Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
- Intelligently straighten images using horizon detection
- Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism
- Quickly make accurate selections with ease
- Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, JPG-2000
- Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
- Import HEIF images
- Launch Pixelmator Pro directly from the Photos app and save edits back to the original image in your library
- Share your images to the Photos app, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
- Pixelmator Pro now speaks French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Korean.
- A range of performance improvements speeds up moving layers, zooming, and opening images. Opening images is now up to 6 times faster in some cases.
- The Colors histogram now displays colors based on the total size of objects rather than the amount of pure color.
- Color adjustment previews are now much sharper.
- When saving an image while applying color adjustments to an active selection, the adjustments would be discarded. Fixed.
- The Magnetic Selection tool is now more precise.
- Improved selection smoothing when copying and pasting selections.
- Selections with transparent areas would sometimes be shifted when copying and pasting.
- The Select Color tool is now much faster when zooming.
- Layers would sometimes move slightly when selecting them using the Arrange, Text, or Shape tools. Fixed.
- Completely masked layer areas will no longer be automatically selected if they’re not visible in the image.
- Using the Style and other tools, it was possible to select hidden layers by clicking in the image. Now, you should only be able to select them in the Layers view.
- When using the Arrange tool with Auto Select turned off, you needed to drag inside a layer to move it. Now you can also drag outside the active layer to move it.
- Converting the bit depth of an image would not always work reliably. It does now.
- Changing the color profile of an image would sometimes not work. It does now.
- Undoing changes after resizing text layers would sometimes not work. Fixed.
- The Constrain Proportions option would sometimes be deselected for layers when saving a Pixelmator Pro document.
- The compression option would be ignored when exporting 16-bit TIFF images. 16-bit TIFF images will now be compressed.
- You can now choose to export images with 8-bit or 16-bit color depth.
- Horizontal lines would sometimes appear on Mac computers with Radeon graphics cards. Fixed.
- When exporting to JPEG, there was an option to save with 16-bit color depth. JPEG does not support that, so that option has been removed.
- When exporting to PNG, it was possible to choose CMYK as the color profile. PNG files do not support CMYK profiles, so this has been removed.
- Pixelmator Pro would sometimes quit unexpectedly when closing documents. Fixed
- When resetting all brush collections to default, these would sometimes not be updated in all files. Fixed.
- Many other improvements, including a number of crash fixes.
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS High Sierra. Simply put, it’s the ultimate Mac app. With a design that is totally and completely Mac, Pixelmator Pro feels instantly familiar from the moment you first launch the app.
Minimum System Requirements
Pixelmator Pro requires a Mac compatible with Metal 2 running macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor