Pixelmator is a beautifully designed, easy-to-use, fast, and powerful image editor for OS X. It has everything you need to create, edit, and enhance your images.
Pixelmator is a layer-based image editor. You can quickly create layers from your photos, other pictures, from selections, or even your iSight. Yes, Pixelmator can add a layer to your composition directly from your Mac’s little camera. Not only can you link and arrange added layers, but Pixelmator also allows you to blend layers, change their opacity, create clipping masks, or even add layer masks to hide some portions of a layer.
Version 3.7: Note: Now requires OS X 10.11 or later.
- Pixelmator is now fully compatible with macOS High Sierra.
- Launch Pixelmator directly from Photos and save your edits back to the original image in your library.
- Support for importing HEIF images.
- Improvements to the Repair Tool algorithm make the Repair Tool faster and more accurate.
- The Pixelmator extensions for the Photos app would quit unexpectedly on certain newer Mac computers. Fixed.
- The Quick Selection Tool’s live preview would appear in the lower left corner of the image. It’s back to where it should be.
- The Pixelmator Change Type of Images Automator action would not convert files to PSD. Fixed.
- Improved support for Photoshop images.
- Rulers would sometimes disappear when editing text. Fixed.
- It was not possible to drag and drop images from Safari and Photos directly into Pixelmator documents. Drag and drop is back.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor