PhpStorm is a lightweight and smart PHP IDE focused on developer productivity that deeply understands your code, provides smart code completion, quick navigation, and on-the-fly error checking. It is always ready to help you shape your code, run unit-tests, or provide visual debugging.
Intelligent PHP editor
- PHP code completion
- Smart duplicated code detector
- PHP refactoring
- Smarty and PHPDoc support
- Language mixing (JS/SQL/XML etc.)
- Easy installation
- Runs on Windows, OS X, Linux
- Easy project configuration — open code from anywhere and start working
- Key priority — performance
- Visual PHPUnit test-runner
- VCS support: SVN, Git, Mercurial, etc
- PHP UML, UML diff for changes
- FTP and remote files synchronization
- Local changes history
- Zero-configuration debugger
- Breakpoints in PHP, JS, HTML
- Inspect variables, watches
- Batch code analysis
- Profiler integration
- Debug uncompiled Twig and Laravel 5.8+ Blade templates.
- Locate dead code with the brand new Unused Declaration inspection.
- Improved Autocompletion thanks to new .phpstorm.meta.php features.
- Reworked Imports to remove unnecessary FQN when possible and ability to sort use statements by length or alphabetically.
- Code Cleanup for PHP to cleanse the code and safely remove redundancies automatically.
- New coloring options for primitive parameter types and class member visibility.
- Improved PHPDoc styling configuration.
New Refactorings, Intentions, and Quick-Fixes:
- Move To Class Refactoring allows to move functions and constants to a class, even several at once.
- String Juggling Toolbox has a few new useful string manipulations.
- New Remove Unused Variable intention.
- New Method may be ‘static’ quick-fix which is available when the method does not use any instance references.
- Reuse Docker containers with docker-compose exec support.
- Cleaned up default PHP file template - no more "Created by PhpStorm".
- Support for control-click on @inheritdoc to go to inherited docblock.
- New intention to add existing class field to a constructor.
- Set breakpoints on enter and exit of an internal PHP function (call breakpoint).
- Possibility to analyze files strictly even w/o declare(strict_types = 1).
- Fixup and Squash actions in Git log.
- Cherry-pick a file from a commit in Git log.
- New "Uncheck all" checkbox for partial Git commits.
- Switch sides of compared files in diff viewer.
- Ignored files and folders are now highlighted
- Force push is a bit safer with -force-with-lease option
- Recent Locations Popup.
- New UI Themes: Dark Purple, Gray, Cyan light, or even your own one.
- Soft-wraps depending on file type.
- Saving a project as a template.
- Updated docs for CSS & HTML and browser compatibility info from MDN.
- Improved TypeScript support in Vue apps.
- New inspections for Angular apps.
- Support for new databases: Greenplum, Vertica, and Apache Hive.
- Code completion supports combined statements for CREATE and DROP.
- Support for DEFINER attributes in MySQL and MariaDB.
- Support for the Oracle mode in MariaDB.
- You can now set the default folder for a project.
OS X 10.8.3 or later