Path Finder is a file browser that combines the familiar Finder interface with the powerful utilities and innovative features.
Just a small selection of the Path Finder 6 feature set:
- Dual pane file browser
- Tabs to quickly manage multiple locations on your hard drive in one window
- Reorder how your files are listed to suit your personal preferences
- View invisible files and navigate inside of Mac OS X packages quickly and easily
- Access your frequently used folders, files, and applications with the Shelf, and save multiple Shelf setups to suit different activities
- Pause drag-and-drop operations by putting files into the Drop Stack for future use
- Create and convert disk images
- Access the OS X command line
- Much, much more!
- Fixed “Use separate preview panes for dual browser” setting for some modules.
- Fixed tab dragging animation on Retina MacBook Pro.
- Fixed item selection after “Reveal in Finder” action from other applications.
- Fixed reserved key combinations in keyboard preferences.
- Fixed the Bookmark Bar issue.
- Fixed keyboard preferences for loaded plug-ins.
- Fixed the positions of dragged items on the Desktop.
- Fixed the desktop icon positions for new folder and new file.
- Fixed selection of configured search locations in the Find window.
- Fixed localization of items in the Sidebar.
- Fixed blue desktop issue.
- Fixed opening of some applications (they were previously opened as text files).
- Fixed some items in column view.
- Fixed flicker when deleting items from network volumes.
- Fixed label contextual menu item activation.
- Fixed file size unit localization.
- Fixed icon size slider for the icon view options
- Fixed slider behavior for icon view grid.
- Fixed creation of aliases on the Desktop by holding cmd+option while dragging Desktop items.
- Fixed Desktop flicker when changing desktop view options.
- Fixed Desktop flicker when switching graphics card.
- Fixes to Default directories in module menu
- Able to set default view type for new windows and tabs.
- “Applied to all” checkbox in name conflict dialog is hidden for the last copied/moved item.
- Path Finder informs user that PowerPC binaries are not supported.
- ”Home” main menu improvements.
- Extended support for preview of text-based files in the Preview module.
- “Compare” action added in the Dual Pane mode.
- File comparison-ready (user can choose own comparison tool)
- Initial Croatian localization.
- Calculate all sizes in list view for network volumes.
- Dragging files from the Dock into Path Finder desktop trash now trashes them.
- Improved Batch Re-namer loading and window positioning.
- One batch renaming session at a time.
- Correct behavior of the WebDAV remotes in Favorites (previously opened in text editor).
- Redesigned “Connect to Server” panel.
- StuffIt compression engine updated to the latest version.
- Improved “All windows/This window only” view option behavior.
- Folder file info (number of items) shown on non-HFS volumes.
- Added “Last Opened” and “Added” dates in file info panels.
- Added option to sort items by “Date Last Opened”.
- Added confirmation for successful registration.
- Added “Application” and “Item Info” sorting menu items for the view list options.
- Other minor tweaks for improved stability.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later