Parallels allows you to run Windows and Mac applications side by side. Choose your view to make Windows invisible while still using its applications, or keep the familiar Windows background and controls on your Mac.
Now Supporting Windows 10 and ready for El Capitan
- Run Windows 10 and OS X® El Capitan with ease. Use Microsoft Cortana®, your virtual assistant, on your Mac. Switch from your PC to your Mac
- We make it easy to get all of your files, applications, browser bookmarks, and more from your PC to your Mac; just follow the setup assistant.
Works with Boot Camp®
- Reuse your existing Boot Camp installation. Converting a virtual machine from Boot Camp is now much easier and more intuitive than ever.
Not just for Windows
- Run a wide array of operating systems including OS X, Windows 10, 8.1 & 7, Linux, and Google ChromeTM. You can run just about anything on your Mac!
- Select productivity, games, design, or development, and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac will optimize your virtual machine settings and performance for you.
- Parallels Desktop Pro Edition gives your virtual machines more processing power. Up to 64 GB vRAM and 16 vCPUs per virtual machine lets you run even the most demanding applications with ease.
Business Class Software
- Keep IT in control of end user licenses and Windows virtual machines with a Unified Volume License Key, centralized license management, and advanced security features available in Parallels Desktop Business Edition.
Mojave note: failed to install from the DMG-within-the-DMG, and after manually copying the hidden Parallels app to /Applications and making it visible with
chflags nohidden /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
codesign --sign - --force --deep /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
Then double-click Parallels Desktop.app to install.
PS: if you get a detritus error, first execute the following before code-signing:
xattr -cr /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app
- Resolves an issue with Vasco Da Gama 11.
- Resolves an issue with SketchUp LayOut 2018.
- Resolves an issue with SketchUp Style Builder 2018.
- Resolves an issue with graphics artifacts in SketchUp Pro 2018.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to activate FusionPro VDP Creator 9.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to activate MATLAB.
- Resolves an issue with the Apple DEP (Device Enrollment Program) not working in a macOS virtual machine.
- Resolves an issue with GUI problems in Ableton Live.
- Resolves an issue with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Resolves an issue with the Shadows: Awakening game showing a purple screen instead of the main menu.
- Resolves an issue with the blurry icon in Microsoft Teams.
- We have simplified the way of sharing the Mac’s camera with Windows. Now you can do this either on the Sound & Camera tab of the virtual machine configuration, in the title bar of the virtual machine window, or from the Devices menu in the macOS menu bar.
- Easier way to get help from Parallels - click Help > Support Center to access the webpage where you can find the most popular knowledgeable articles, links to the Parallels forums, social media and technical documentation, get personalized support and much more.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to start a Boot Camp virtual machine if the Mac’s hard disk is larger than 2 TB.
- Resolves an issue with links redirection after installing a Windows 10 update - links set to open in Mac started opening in Windows.
- Resolves a seldom issue with not being able to start Parallels Desktop restored from a Time Machine backup.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop not appearing in the macOS 10.14 Mojave Privacy settings to get access to the camera and microphone.
- Resolves an issue with the mouse cursor remaining Windows-like after switching to macOS from Windows running in game mode.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to transfer data to the two-way radio USB dongle.
- Resolves an issue with the Lodestar X2 USB camera not detected by the PhD2 application.
- Resolves an issue with a virtual machine freezing on shutdown or resume if the virtual machine configuration contains 2 or more SATA disks.
- Resolves an issue with the HP LaserJet P2035 printer printing to a wrong tray.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in openSUSE Leap 15.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not working in Linux virtual machines with X Server 1.20.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools not installing in the Ubuntu Linux virtual appliance.
- Resolves an issue with Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machines not responding to mouse clicks after waking from sleep in Coherence view mode.
- Resolves an issue with Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machines periodically crashing or locking up.
- Resolves an issue with incorrect screen resolution of Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machines running in Coherence in a multi-monitor configuration.
- Resolves an issue with not being able to mount the same shared folder twice in a Linux virtual machine.
For Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition only:
- Resolves an issue with the Parallels auto-deploy package not working to install or upgrade to Parallels Desktop 14 using Casper Suite v.9.101.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop freezing on start if the Active Directory responses are slow.
- Resolves an issue with two identical Recovery Partitions available in the Free Systems section of the Installation Assistant.
- Resolves an issue when a Mac has two Recovery Partitions with different versions of macOS, a user chooses to install macOS from one partition but Parallels Desktop installs it from the other.
- Resolves an issue when two GUI messages are displayed at a time and the top message doesn’t respond to mouse clicks.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop not starting after reinstallation if the previous copy was corrupted and didn’t work.
- Resolves a seldom issue with Parallels Desktop periodically asking a user to re- enter the user’s credentials.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Desktop trying to reinstall when the user’s home directory is located in any place other than /Users.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Tools for Mac not installing in a virtual machine using the command-line interface.
- Resolves an issue with Parallels Transporter Agent crashing periodically on a remote computer because of conflicts with OpenGL.
- Resolves an issue with the Japanese characters hardly visible on the Download Windows screen.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor