Papers is your personal library of science.
Read, Write, Cite. Your research will never be the same with Papers2 and Magic Manuscripts.
Papers revolutionizes the way you deal with your research documents. It allows you to search for them, download and organize them together with supplementary material, allows you to read them full screen, highlight and keep notes, sync them to your iPad or iPhone, cite them in your favorite word processor, share them with your colleagues, and much, much more. Welcome to your personal library of research!
- Library: The Activity tab in the Inspector now includes altmetrics data provided by Bookmetrix for books and book chapters.
Performance & Stability
- Application launch: No longer crashes on launch when indexing library items under rare circumstances.
- Application launch: Addresses a cause for a crash on application launch under rare circumstances.
- Application launch: Papers 3 for Mac no longer hangs on launch, which was experienced by some users running Papers 3 for Mac version 3.2.8 (281).
- Annotations: It is again possible to enter characters requiring multiple keystrokes into sticky notes.
- PDF text search: No longer crashes when toggling the Hide/Show Cover Page view menu option while PDF search results are visible.
- Reader: No longer crashes when moving a tab into the first position on the Reader screen.
- Syncing: Improves syncing reliability.
- Syncing: Improved error handling during syncing.
- Syncing: Papers 3 for Mac no longer hangs when syncing under rare circumstances.
- Search: Improvements to Spotlight search index building and verification.
- Search: Improvements to Spotlight search index performance and stability.
- Library: Improves database handling during Dropbox syncing.
- Library: Improves library integrity checking functionality.
- Library: Improves Spotlight Search Index handling and error recovery.
- Library: Prevents library items from becoming impossible to move to Trash in certain circumstances.
- Annotations: PDFs moved to the library from the Reading List can be annoted.
- Related articles: Better metadata and PDF fetching when importing a related article into the library.
- Syncing: Increases the frequency of syncing when the "Automatically sync new changes" option is selected.
- Application updates: Provides better feedback if an update fails to extract.
- Application updates: Papers 3 for Mac no longer attempts (and fails) to update in the background after migrating from a Papers 2 for Mac library that had "Automatically Install Updates in Background" enabled.
- You find the exact set of changes in the release notes under the help menu.
OS X 10.7 or later