Papers is your personal library of science.
Read, Write, Cite. Your research will never be the same with Papers2 and Magic Manuscripts.
Papers revolutionizes the way you deal with your research documents. It allows you to search for them, download and organize them together with supplementary material, allows you to read them full screen, highlight and keep notes, sync them to your iPad or iPhone, cite them in your favorite word processor, share them with your colleagues, and much, much more. Welcome to your personal library of research!
- Metadata: Entering a PMID or PMCID in the Info Inspector or"Open Location" menu option now fetches publication metadata.
- Search: Resolves an issue preventing the IEEE search engine from returning any results due to a recent server-side change.
- Syncing: Resolves a cause of library changes not being applied during syncing in rare circumstances.
- Syncing: Resolves a cause of missing publications and/or incomplete metadata changes during syncing in certain circumstances.
- Syncing: No longer erroneously reports that a problem occurred during syncing in rare circumstances.
- Syncing: Resolves a crash that could occur during syncing.
- Syncing: Reduced CPU usage during syncing.
- Citations: Now includes support for Microsoft Word 2016 Preview.
- Citations: Publications cited in a Microsoft Word document that are not present in the Library are now correctly suggested for importing into the Library.
- Citations: Missing publications that have been imported to the Library are now shown as present after the import finishes.
- Citations: Missing publications that have been imported to the Library are now shown in the "All Papers" collection as well as the "Last Import" collection without requiring an app restart.
- Citations: The search bar is no longer presented on top of the logo when "Reduce Transparency" is checked in System Preferences.
- General: Resolves an occasional crash when quitting the application.
- Metadata: PDF files are now automatically downloaded when importing PubMed Central articles to the Library.
- Reader: Resolves a UI glitch that could occur when rotating a page of a PDF.
- Reader: No longer impossible to rotate a PDF page back to its default rotation.
- Library: Several improvements to the "Watched Folders" feature.
- Licensing: A user eligible for a site license now sees the prompt message immediately after completing the :Getting Started" process, rather than on a subsequent application launch.
- Application menus: More consistent UI responsiveness to contextual menus throughout the app.
OS X 10.7 or later