OpenEmu is about to change the world of video game emulation, one console at a time… For the first time, the ‘It just works’ philosophy now extends to open source video game emulation on the Mac. With OpenEmu, it is extremely easy to add, browse, organize and with a compatible gamepad, play those favorite games (ROMs) you already own.
- Library – One of the standout features of OpenEmu is how it organizes all your games into one unique, unified games library. Watch as backups of the games (ROMs) you already own are gracefully added to their appropriate library and box art is magically added. You can even create your own ‘collections’ mix and matched from different consoles.
- Controls and Controllers – Any generic HID compliant USB or Bluetooth game controller should work with OpenEmu out of the box. OpenEmu now automatically maps controls for the following recognized devices in our database:
- PlayStation Dualshock 3 and Dualshock 4
- Wiimote and Wii U Pro
- Xbox 360 and 3rd party (driver required)
- Sega Saturn USB
- PS3 Neo Geo Pad USB
- Logitech series (Dual Action, Rumblepad 2, Gamepad F310/F510/F710)
- Gravis GamePad Pro
- Retrolink SNES and N64
- RetroUSB SNES RetroPort and RetroPad
- Retrode (SNES)
- Cores – OpenEmu is modular, and thanks to the work of other great open source projects, it can emulate a wide variety of video game systems (we call them ‘cores’). Currently, the following open source emulation projects are used to power OpenEmu:
- Genesis Plus GX
- … and more!
- Added mGBA, a faster and more accurate GBA emulator, as the new default GBA core plugin.
- Added automap support for Horipad Ultimate controller.
- Optimized input handling and core helper process to further reduce latency.
- Improved search results in Save States and Screenshots libraries to be more precise.
- Fixed N64 games running too fast.
- Fixed controllers with a hat switch not retaining their proper D-pad mappings.
- Fixed reversed Y-axis for MFi devices.
- Fixed case where BIOS files might not import correctly after a new core plugin install.
- Fixed case where suppressing an alert might not remember the choice correctly.
- Fixed the appearance of localized text in Library and Preferences with Auto Layout.
- Fixed screenshots not saving for game titles with forward slashes.
- Added Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, Japanese localizations.
- Updated localizations.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor