With OmniPlan Pro, you can create logical, manageable project plans with Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical paths. Break down the tasks needed to make your project a success, optimize resources, and streamline budgets. It’s project management made painless.
How to get your project done on time and under budget:
- Translate strategy into tactics everyone can understand
- Create summaries of work broken into lists of activities
- Distribute workloads fairly and efficiently
- Manage costs as you go
OmniPlan Pro adds the following features to OmniPlan’s robust management abilities:
- Publish and subscribe
- Change tracking
- Monte Carlo simulation
- AppleScript support
- Earned-value analysis
- Multi-project dashboard
- Beautiful reports
- Microsoft Project support
- Auto-effort estimation
- Elapsed Duration -- OmniPlan now supports elapsed time values for task duration and lead/lag time! By default, OmniPlan calculates task duration and lead/lag time from the project’s work hours. Entering an "e" before either value will now convert it to an elapsed time value instead. Need to wait for the paint to dry before you can take the next step in your project? Enter "48eh" in your "Let paint dry" task’s duration field to tell OmniPlan that the next dependent task can begin Monday morning if the paint has started to dry by the end of the day Friday (and assigning additional resources to watch the paint dry won’t help it complete any earlier). OmniPlan does not yet support importing or exporting Microsoft Project elapsed time values.
- Menu Bar -- The Gantt, Resource Timeline, and Calendar, as well as the outlines in each of these views, can now be hidden or revealed by options in the View menu in the OmniPlan menu bar.
- OmniOutliner -- Added import support for OmniOutliner 5’s .ooutline file format.
- Import -- Importing .tsv files is now supported.
- Help -- The in-app Help is now localized in all languages except for Korean and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Outline -- Columns in the outline can now be resized by dragging the divider line (previously, columns could only be resized by selecting the column header).
- Scheduling -- Cleaned up and rewrote the code OmniPlan uses to schedule project timelines. This is intended to make project scheduling more accurate by addressing things like rounding errors. As a result, you may notice slight changes in your project’s schedule after installing this update. If you are confused about why your project’s schedule as changed, or feel that it has changed in a way that it shouldn’t have, please contact our Support team!
- Publish/Subscribe -- Substantial updates were made to OmniPlan’s publish/subscribe mechanism in order to improve speed and better handle authentication challenges.
- AppleScript -- AppleScript now properly sets project level custom data values.
- Calendar View -- Clicking the green "Customized Work Week" icon now switches to Calendar View to reveal the resource’s work schedule.
- Calendar View -- It is once again possible to clear a resource’s customized work schedule.
- Change Tracking -- The change tracking sidebar has been disabled in the Styles View as this view does not support change tracking.
- Change Tracking -- Addressed a typo in the resource assignment change tracking message.
- Change Tracking -- Change tracking now correctly reports changes that affect both task duration and task effort.
- Daylight Savings Time -- Daylight Savings Time beginning or ending no longer confuses OmniPlan’s date display.
- Earned Value -- ACWP values now calculate correctly when a resource is assigned at less than 100% to a task.
- Export -- End constraint brackets are no longer backwards when exporting to PDF.
- Gantt View -- Addressed a bug that could cause dependency connection arrows to remain on the Gantt chart after tasks are disconnected.
- Inspectors -- Addressed a bug that could prevent editing dependencies for some tasks in the Task Inspector.
- Microsoft Project Import -- Fixed a variety of bugs that could block Microsoft Project files from importing correctly.
- Network View -- It is now possible to edit the name of a task in Network View while zoomed out.
- Network View -- The Network View no longer scrolls back to the beginning of the project after a task is deleted.
- Network View -- "Add Task" with a child task selected in the Network Diagram now creates a task in the same group.
- Performance -- Setting a start constraint 100 years in the past no longer causes performance issues.
- Publish/Subscribe -- OmniPlan now syncs more happily with Server.app.
- Publish/Subscribe -- Addressed a bug that could cause pub/sub actions to duplicate. This bug was most commonly encountered when a file with pub/sub actions was also being syncing via OmniPresence.
- Publish/Subscribe -- Trust certificate panel now appears for self-signed WebDAV servers.
- Publish/Subscribe -- It is now possible to delete more than one project at a time from the Server Repository window.
- Resource View -- Resources can once again be assigned by dragging resources from the Resource View outline to tasks in a swim lane.
- Scheduling -- Tasks set to "adjust assigned amounts" no longer max resource allocation out at 100% (as a result, resources now accurately indicate when they are overloaded).
- Scheduling -- Removing all work hours from a project no longer results in tasks with no effort and duration.
- Split Tasks -- Split tasks now remain split when the first half of the task is dragged in the Gantt chart.
- Task Completion -- Addressed a rounding error that could cause tasks to be > 99% complete instead of 100% complete.
- Stability -- Constraints that result in a scheduling recursion now present a violation instead of causing OmniPlan to crash.
- Stability -- The Resource Assignments Touch Bar button no longer triggers a crash when resources have unexpected names.
- Stability -- Fixed our most common crash in OmniPlan 3.6.2.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor