OmniOutliner Pro is a flexible program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Give your creativity a kick start by using an application that’s actually designed to help you think. It’s like having an extra brain – one that doesn’t keep losing the car keys.
You can use OmniOutliner’s document structure to create hierarchies of main headings and subpoints that can be expanded and collapsed, which are immensely useful when it comes to brainstorming new ideas, drilling out specifics, and lining up steps needed to get everything done. But you aren’t limited to outlines – you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, customizable popup lists, and an über-innovative styles system at your disposal.
OmniOutliner Professional includes in-depth outlining features like folded editing, clipping service support, audio recording, a new sections drawer, and saved templates. With OmniOutliner Professional, you can actively hide and display the information in your outlines – or quickly jump from one place to another – so you can save time and be more productive by focusing on exactly what you want to see. The new Names Styles feature in OmniOutliner Professional gives you even more options for fast and powerful editing. Download the Pro version today and try it for yourself!
- General - The Paste command functions in the save panel and document name popover. This also allows TextExpander to work in these cases.
- Exports - Exporting password protected documents to non-OmniOutliner file formats will correctly leave the output unencrypted.
- Copy/Paste - Moving rows between an .oo3 file and an .ooutline file that has the note icon column in different positions will correctly map column values.
- Outline View - Using the Show All Notes command when notes are collapsed in hidden rows will properly toggle the notes and update the command to change to Hide All Notes.
- Outline View - When the Scale to fit page width print option is off, page break indicators will appear when resizing a column by dragging on the column edge.
- Paste - Using the Paste command when content is copied from Nisus Writer will correctly paste without styles.
- Paste - Using the Paste command when content is copied from Google Chrome’s address bar will correctly paste without styles.
- Inspectors - The Long format label in the Column Type inspector for Duration columns has the correct background color.
- Sidebar - The checkboxes for Named Styles in the Styles sidebar no longer flicker when moving between rows with the arrow keys.
- General - Removed the locking ability of tabs in the sidebar and inspectors as they don’t serve any purpose in v5.
- Style View - The Style View row highlighting will clear when clicking in empty space above or below the outline.
- Document Stats - Note content will be counted in the Document Stats even when the column displaying the note icons is hidden.
- Columns - All documents in Essentials mode will use an autosizing outline column regardless of how the setting is configured.
- Exports - Fixed exporting to docx format when non-image attachments are embedded in the file. These files are not supported by the format and will be represented by the name of the attachment.
- Exports - Fixed exporting to the xlsx format when cells contain nothing but a link.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor