OmniOutliner Pro is a flexible program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Give your creativity a kick start by using an application that’s actually designed to help you think. It’s like having an extra brain – one that doesn’t keep losing the car keys.
You can use OmniOutliner’s document structure to create hierarchies of main headings and subpoints that can be expanded and collapsed, which are immensely useful when it comes to brainstorming new ideas, drilling out specifics, and lining up steps needed to get everything done. But you aren’t limited to outlines – you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, customizable popup lists, and an über-innovative styles system at your disposal.
OmniOutliner Professional includes in-depth outlining features like folded editing, clipping service support, audio recording, a new sections drawer, and saved templates. With OmniOutliner Professional, you can actively hide and display the information in your outlines – or quickly jump from one place to another – so you can save time and be more productive by focusing on exactly what you want to see. The new Names Styles feature in OmniOutliner Professional gives you even more options for fast and powerful editing. Download the Pro version today and try it for yourself!
- Filters: Create and save complex filters based on status, column data, and boolean operations.
- Password Encryption: Add a password to your documents to secure them with AES-256 encryption.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Easily customize keyboard shortcuts to your own liking within the app.
- Distraction-Free Mode: Automatically hide the toolbar and any open sidebars when switching to full screen mode.
- Smarter Paste: To avoid bringing in extra styles when copying data from outside sources, Paste now removes styles but retain links and images. Use the new Paste with Original Style to retain the styles from your source content.
- New File Format: While .ooutline files are zipped by default, package files are still available for scenarios where that makes more sense, like for version control. Note- The previous .oo3 format can still be opened and edited but features requiring the new format will be disabled.
- Inspector Sidebar: The inspectors are now contained in a sidebar, allowing you to show or hide them on a per-document basis.
- Style View: When selecting a style in the Styles sidebar, rows that are affected by that style appear highlighted in the outline.
- Side Margins: Lock the outline column to a specific width and keep your outline centered in the window with side margins. Customize the color of the margins per-document.
- Specify Column Widths: The Column Inspector now has an editable field for the column width. The outline column can also be set to automatically resize with the window or be set to a specific width.
- Resize Column to Fit: Select a column and have OmniOutliner adjust the width to fit your content for you with the Resize to fit button in the Column Type Inspector.
- Column Resizing: Columns can be resized by dragging anywhere on their right edges. Dragging the left-most edge also resizes the outline column.
- Style Preview: A preview of the style you are inspecting is shown at the top of the Selection Style Inspector.
- Slide-in Sidebars: In full screen mode, moving the mouse cursor to either edge of the screen makes the corresponding sidebar appear temporarily.
- Multiple-Row Focus: Focus on multiple selections by command-clicking them in the sidebar section list.
- Focus Indicator: When focused, a focus bar appears to remind you that content is hidden and provide easy access to unfocus.
- Excel Export: Export to the Excel (xlsx) format.
- PowerPoint Export: PowerPoint export now places embedded images on corresponding slides. You’ll need to manually re-position them, though.
- OPML Mode: Edit metadata for OPML files and set text encoding in the Document inspector.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor