OmniOutliner Pro is a flexible program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Give your creativity a kick start by using an application that’s actually designed to help you think. It’s like having an extra brain – one that doesn’t keep losing the car keys.
You can use OmniOutliner’s document structure to create hierarchies of main headings and subpoints that can be expanded and collapsed, which are immensely useful when it comes to brainstorming new ideas, drilling out specifics, and lining up steps needed to get everything done. But you aren’t limited to outlines – you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, customizable popup lists, and an Ÿber-innovative styles system at your disposal.
Use OmniOutliner to draft to-do lists, create agendas, manage tasks, track expenses, take notes, plan events, write screenplays…and just about anything else you can think of.
It’s a smarter way to write, a more productive way to stay organized. Whatever your project, OmniOutliner has the tools you need to get the job done.
However, we didn’t stop there – some features are just more relevant to the power user, and that’s why we’ve created a “Pro” version of OmniOutliner with even more options.
OmniOutliner Professional includes in-depth outlining features like folded editing, clipping service support, audio recording, a new sections drawer, and saved templates. With OmniOutliner Professional, you can actively hide and display the information in your outlines – or quickly jump from one place to another – so you can save time and be more productive by focusing on exactly what you want to see. The new Names Styles feature in OmniOutliner Professional gives you even more options for fast and powerful editing.
Welcome to OmniOutliner 4! Some highlights of the new features include:
• Zooming: Text can now be magnified on screen without changing your print layout.
• A brand-spanking new UI: Yes, that’s right folks, we’ve totally redesigned the UI in OmniOutliner 4. Out with the old paradigms and in with the new.
• Resource Browser: Use the new Resource Browser to browse recently edited files, choose templates, apply themes to existing documents, and import your templates from OmniOutliner 3.
• Sidebar: We’ve done away with the old style drawer from OmniOutliner 3 and have created a new Sidebar that lists the Contents of your outline, Styles, and more!
• Inspector redesign: OmniOutliner’s redesigned Inspector window is cleaner and fresher.
• Styles: To be more in line with OmniOutliner 2 for iPad, we’ve retooled the way styles work to create a great cross-platform experience.
• Theming: You can now apply the styles from a template (its theme) to your outlines.
• Smart Match technology: Pop-up List-styled columns benefit from the Smart Match technology we’ve used in OmniFocus. As you type characters in a Pop-up List cell, OmniOutliner tries to guess which item you mean—and the characters you enter don’t have to be at the beginning or contiguous. If you type a new value that you’d like to add to the Pop-up List, just enter Command-Return to add the value to that list.
• Column visibility: Have a document with a lot of columns that you only need to access every now and then? We’ve added the ability to hide columns when you don’t need them, and then make reappear when you want them back.
• Hyperlinks: URLs are converted into real links so you can click and open them in your default browser. What’s more, if you don’t want or like this behavior, you can toggle this off in OmniOutliner’s preferences.
• Attachments: You can attach pretty much anything to an OmniOutliner document: images, video, audio, even other OmniOutliner files. Attached images autoscale to the column width, and you can attach audio clips which play right within the Outline. What’s more, we’ve added a new attachment popover to replace OmniOutliner 3’s tagging, so you can change the visibility of attached images, use alternative text rather than a filename, and direct how OmniOutliner 4 opens attachments.
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor