NotePlan is designed to make your task planning more productive. It solves problems like bloated, ever-growing to-do lists.
- Modern Writing – Enjoy a full writing area with Markdown and injected flavour for productivity.
- Calendar Notes – A calendar shows you where the action is. Jump right into a day to manage it by writing notes into each day.
- Backlog Notes – Save away your backlogs and general notes behind the daily planning and apart from the calendar.
- Full, modern writing tool included for every day of a month – NotePlan will give you the convenience of a modern writing editor supporting markdown. Add formatting to your task lists and notes to keep it better organized.
- Monthly calendar overview with color-coded daily note content – See a summary of your notes and color coded lists in a monthly calendar view. Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate and quickly jump into a day to review or edit it. The calendar will also show you, if you missed out on some tasks, so nothing important slips from your mind.
- Schedule tasks to stay organized – If you couldn’t finish a task, don’t leave it unmanaged on the list. Re-schedule it to another day. Or, if you manage a backlog, schedule a todo directly from there onto your calendar.
- Backlogs, drafts, bug lists or just text notes, apart from the calendar – Some information is not related to a day and should be kept separated from the calendar. Like bug lists or project backlogs. They can be managed in NotePlan and scheduled directly into the calendar, when required. Notes can be organized by tagging them. In the overview you can filter your notes by tags.
- What else? Here is a list:
- Your notes are not saved on our servers. You will find them safe and sound in your iCloud Drive.
- Integrations to useful apps like iCalender, Reminders, and more are available.
- Chinese and German translations added
- Add shortcuts for "Archive Processed Tasks" (CMD+W) and "Schedule All Open Tasks" (CMD+Shift+W)
- Allow special characters from other languages in note filenames
- Preferences menus visually improved
- 'Cancelled' title is also added in Archive Processed Tasks result
- Show search results for comments in calendar even if they are hidden from the calendar
- link processing (don't include characters like '.' and ',' at the end of a link, that's most probably a full stop or comma inside a sentence)
- Improved iCloud syncing performance by removing some bottlenecks; these were also potential bugs for losing data due to late sync on iOS
- Shake to undo/redo
- Undo/redo issue, where you had to press undo twice sometimes
- Third-party keyboard issues (couldn't scroll down completely in a text)
- Minor bug fixes and UI updates
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor