NeoOffice is a complete office suite for OS X. With NeoOffice, users can view, edit, and save OpenOffice documents, PDF files, and most Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
NeoOffice 3.x and OpenOffice users: before you buy NeoOffice, we recommend that you click on the “NeoOffice support” link and read the list of changes.
NeoOffice is extremely stable and thousands of users use it daily. The NeoOffice engineers created NeoOffice in 2003 when they made OpenOffice run natively on OS X for the first time. Since then, the NeoOffice engineers have continually added improvements to NeoOffice that users will not find in OpenOffice such as:
- Open Calc or Impress instead of Writer at launch using the NeoOffice > Open at Launch menu
- OS X Versions
- Native OS X grammar checking
- Native OS X text highlighting
- Native file locking support for local and networked volumes
- OS X Services support
- Native floating tool windows
- NeoOffice would occasionally hang while editing a table in a Base database
- Clicking any hyperlinks that point to a file would fail to open the linked file
- When the user's language is Hebrew or Arabic, NeoOffice would draw text on top of the drop down button in comboboxes and popup buttons
OS X 10.8 or later