NeoFinder (formerly CDFinder) rapidly organizes your data, either on external or internal disks, or any other volumes. It catalogs all your data, so you stay in control of your data archive or disk library. With extensive metadata support, you can find your files quickly.
- Catalog: any hard disk, data folder, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, BlueRay, HD-DVD, iPod, Server Volume, Audio-CD, USB-Stick, FTP-Server, and more
- Power: Handle really large amounts of data
- Photo Previews: Create beautiful thumbnails for many photo and image formats, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, RAW, PDF, PSD, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, IFF (Maya)
- Audio Meta Data: MP3, AAC (iTunes), FLAC (Lossless), ALAC (Apple Lossless), and AIFF meta data: author, album, title, composer, lyrics, cover art, track number, duration, bit rate, genre, year, comment. Even catalogs whole Audio-CDs, and Apple iPhone ringtone files!
- Photo Meta Data: XMP (used by Adobe Bridge), EXIF and IPTC meta data (including GPS geotags), and JPG, TIFF, PICT and BMP photo details
- Movie Meta Data: get thumbnails, the dimension, duration, codec and frame rate out of movie files, supporting AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, MKV, M4V, and others
- Geotagging GPS support: NeoFinder catalogs and displays GPS EXIF tags of photos, and has direct links to Google Earth, Flickr, Panoramio, Google Maps and MapQuest. NeoFinder can even search for photos that were taken near any location (GeoFinder), and export GPS data to KMZ files
- Networkable: Share your NeoFinder database in your entire workgroup (requires a Business License)
- Cross-platform: with abeMeda (was CDWinder), you can use one database for both worlds!
- Workflow Integration: Automatically catalog all discs burned by Roxio Toast; Drag any image directly from NeoFinder into applications like Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Apple Pages, Microsoft Office; integrate NeoFinder into FileMaker Pro databases, and much more
- Find it! Best Find functions, and of course offline browsing of all your volumes – even in multiple windows, if you want to
- Spotlight Integration: Search your local disks with Spotlight and as well as your catalogs from inside NeoFinder
- Import Catalogs: These twelve formats are supported: Disk Recall, DiskWizard, Iomega FindIt, Portents DiskTracker (both 1.x and 2.x!), Catalogue, CatFinder, “Neometric” Catalog, DiskLibrary, Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows), and Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows) catalog or export files, and iView MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media XML files
- Fast and really easy to use, see screenshots
- Export and print catalog data
- Insight: Look inside archive files: ZIP, TAR, .rar, StuffIt (.sit and even .sitx), and others, including Disk Image contents
- International: English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch user interface, all in one application
- Unicode compatible: Use NeoFinder to catalog file names of any language
- AppleScript: Integrate NeoFinder with FileMaker Pro or any other application, or extend the abilities of NeoFinder
- Extend your NeoFinder catalog database by using five custom fields for any content you need
- FileCheck: Only NeoFinder can generate an industrial strength MD5 checksum for every file being cataloged
- AutoMount: NeoFinder automatically mounts every server volume you have cataloged or updated for you, if needed! And you can of course also ask NeoFinder to mount the volume for you at any time, using the context menu
- QuickLook: Open a QuickLook window for any selected online file(s) right from inside NeoFinder!
- Cross-Grade: you already bought a different disk cataloger or media asset manager application, ask us for a good offer!
- Free email support
- Languages: User Interface in eight languages, all in one application: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch
- NeoFinder can now read and write metadata for Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer, including ratings, keywords, and the other Adobe XMP fields; so the long wait for the promised Affinity DAM has ended
- NeoFinder now catalogs previews from Affinity Photo files if this software is installed
- NeoFinder can now open any files with any programs, if they understand the file format; as in the Finder, there is an "Open With ..." menu that displays all available programs for a file
- NeoFinder can rotate images lossless in 90° increments, and also refresh the preview in the catalog for these
- Significantly improved cataloging of video files; NeoFinder now uses the new AVFoundation framework from Apple; this will support newer codecs, and read metadata and thumbnails better and faster
- Full support for the movie metadata written by AppleTV and programs such as Subler.app, including cover art, descriptions, actors, directors, producers, etc.
- NeoFinder can now catalog the complete contents of a Dropbox, download files, rename and delete files and folders on that Dropbox for you
- In macOS High Sierra, NeoFinder can now catalog thumbnails and metadata from HEIC files
- The catalog LIBRARY can now be sorted by name, free memory, modification date and size of the volume using the context menu
- The cataloging of Time Machine Backups now finally recognizes the very unusual aliases used by Apple, and can filter them out on request
- NeoFinder 7.1 supports the new APFS file system from Apple (for the upcoming macOS High Sierra) completely during cataloging and other actions
- If desired, NeoFinder now automatically adds all new keywords to the global keyword list, and allows you to enter only keywords from that controlled vocabulary when you type it
- The search for media files in folders and all subfolders (in the context menu) can now be applied to multiple folders simultaneously
- NeoFinder can now catalog larger TAR archive files containing data in the "ustar" format
- Fixed bug when reading Finder labels
- Reading the file kind as text in the display and finding has now become much faster
- NeoFinder now catalogs existing XMP sidecar files for RED movie files
- When reading the metadata from ffmpeg, NeoFinder now reads the FPS
- The Apple ProRes codecs "Apple ProRes 422 High Quality", etc; are now displayed correctly in the Inspector
- In general, reading files has become much faster
- Improves the progress of cataloging when reading content from archives and disk images
- In the display and the export, paths are no longer displayed with the old ":" separator, but with the newer "/"
- With a new "hidden" setting, you can have NeoFinder use a different temporary folder during cataloging; this is useful when the Mac has been booted from a small SSD on which there is not much free space
- The ID3 comment can now also be displayed in the List View in a new column
- The Web Gallery Export now works in a demo variant without a business license, so you can better try out this useful feature
- In Detail View, you can now open an object with the Command-Down arrow key combination
- NeoFinder now detects external changes in separate "XMP Sidecar" files when updating a catalog
- Bug fixed when reading the version information from certain program packages
- Significant improvements when updating the database folder or the catalog file is write-protected; then there are better error messages
- Many other improvements and minor corrections
OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor