NeoFinder (formerly CDFinder) rapidly organizes your data, either on external or internal disks, or any other volumes. It catalogs all your data, so you stay in control of your data archive or disk library. With extensive metadata support, you can find your files quickly.
- Catalog: any hard disk, data folder, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, BlueRay, HD-DVD, iPod, Server Volume, Audio-CD, USB-Stick, FTP-Server, and more
- Power: Handle really large amounts of data
- Photo Previews: Create beautiful thumbnails for many photo and image formats, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, RAW, PDF, PSD, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, IFF (Maya)
- Audio Meta Data: MP3, AAC (iTunes), FLAC (Lossless), ALAC (Apple Lossless), and AIFF meta data: author, album, title, composer, lyrics, cover art, track number, duration, bit rate, genre, year, comment. Even catalogs whole Audio-CDs, and Apple iPhone ringtone files!
- Photo Meta Data: XMP (used by Adobe Bridge), EXIF and IPTC meta data (including GPS geotags), and JPG, TIFF, PICT and BMP photo details
- Movie Meta Data: get the dimension, duration, codec and frame rate out of movie files, supporting AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, and M4V
- Geotagging GPS support: CDFinder catalogs and displays GPS EXIF tags of photos, and has direct links to Google Earth, Flickr, Panoramio, Google Maps and MapQuest. CDFinder can even search for photos that were taken near any location (GeoFinder), and export GPS data to KMZ files
- Networkable: Share your CDFinder database in your entire workgroup (requires a Business License)
- Cross-platform: with CDWinder (CDFinder for Windows), you can use one database for both worlds!
- Workflow Integration: Automatically catalog all discs burned by Roxio Toast; Drag any image directly from CDFinder into applications like Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Apple Pages, Microsoft Office; integrate CDFinder into FileMaker Pro databases, and much more
- Find it! Best Find functions, and of course offline browsing of all your volumes – even in multiple windows, if you want to
- Spotlight Integration: Search your local disks with Spotlight and as well as your catalogs from inside CDFinder
- Import Catalogs: These twelve formats are supported: Disk Recall, DiskWizard, Iomega FindIt, Portents DiskTracker (both 1.x and 2.x!), Catalogue, CatFinder, “Neometric” Catalog, DiskLibrary, Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows), and Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows) catalog or export files, and iView MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media XML files (requires separate CDFinder Transporter (iView))
- Fast and really easy to use, see screenshots
- Export and print catalog data, and print CD or DVD covers. inlay cards, and booklets
- Insight: Look inside archive files: ZIP, TAR, .rar, StuffIt (.sit and even .sitx), and others, including Disk Image contents
- International: English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch user interface, all in one application
- Unicode compatible: Use CDFinder to catalog file names of any language
- AppleScript: Integrate CDFinder with FileMaker Pro or any other application, or extend the abilities of CDFinder
- Extend your CDFinder catalog database by using five custom fields for any content you need
- FileCheck: Only CDFinder can generate an industrial strength MD5 checksum for every file being cataloged
- Imation Disk Stakka support: CDFinder shows you where a disk is located in a Disk Stakka, and can even eject it from there
- AutoMount: CDFinder automatically mounts every server volume you have cataloged or updated (with CDFinder 5.1 or newer) for you, if needed! And you can of course also ask CDFinder to mount the volume for you at any time, using the context menu
- QuickLook: Open a QuickLook window for any selected online file(s) right from inside CDFinder! (Leopard only)
- Cross-Grade: you already bought a different disk cataloger or media asset manager application, ask us for a good offer!
- Free email support
- Languages: User Interface in eight languages, all in one application: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch
- NeoFinder is now a 64bit application. This allows for a lot of more memory to be used to deal with large catalog databases!
- NeoFinder 6.4 has been certified to run in OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Cataloging now reads the new Finder Tags of OS X 10.9 Mavericks (this even works all the way back to OS X 10.6!)
- NeoFinder can now Find Duplicates in your database!
- The cool new Movie Contact Sheet generates a customisable preview of one or multiple selected movie files as graphic
- The Movie Contact Sheet also works for any arbitrary movie file you have selected in the Finder, using the NeoFinder Services menu!
- NeoFinder now catalogs Adobe XMP metadata, like keywords and descriptions, for movie files!
- The new NeoFinder Global QuickFind gives NeoFinder a place right in your menu bar, near the Spotlight search field!
- NeoFinder can now import Cache-A catalog XML files!
- A much improved memory engine increases overall application speed
- Apples new Map application in Mavericks is connected to the Map in NeoFinder now
- Massively improved MusicBrainz connection for cataloging Audio-CDs with better results for many disks
- That new MusicBrainz code can also read Cover Art of Audio-CDs, if it is available at coverartarchive.org
- NeoFinder can now catalog multiple Audio-CDs parallel, if you have multiple drives connected to your Mac
- ZIP archive files larger than 4 GB can now be cataloged as well
- The Inspector now shows cumulated sizes, and file and folder numbers if multiple catalogs are selected
- The Inspector displays a Lock icon for locked or write protected catalog files in your NeoFinder database
- You can now verify the FileCheck status for multiple selected files and folders at once
- NeoFinder can now also catalog ".mts" movie files, this requires ffmpeg to be installed
- A new FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) file parser that is faster and more stable
- A new deviceID file created during cataloging will make it easier for NeoFinder and abeMeda for Windows to properly detect the correct volumes and devices
- A new optional column displays the FileCheck value in List View
- Improved detection of volume kinds during cataloging
- NeoFinder is properly codesigned with a digital signature for improved security
- The column for the Total Items of catalogs now also displayed the sum of all items of all catalogs inside a catalog folder
- Improved the regex search feature for names (only OS X 10.7 and newer)
- The StuffIt Deluxe archive cataloger is now more stable and works better
- Fixed a problem with the Roxio Toast integration if NeoFinder had to be launched with a large database
- Several catalog related features now handle the "catalog file is locked or write protected" situation better
- Using the latest Adobe XMP toolkit from CS6 for better compatibility with newer Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Movie files
- Fixed a problem with catalog folders containing a "/" in their name
- Fixed a problem with type select in List View
- Fixed a problem in the DiskCatalogMaker Importer, if the imported text file had a non utf8 encoding
- Fixed several possible crashes when cataloging FileCheck values on certain damaged disks
- Fixes a bug in Google Earth 7.x, where the AppleScript connection is really broken
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.6 or later