Name Mangler (was File List) is an easy-to-use batch file re-namer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more. But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility – it’s an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler’s Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
- Added a "Group by" feature to the Sequence action. This can be used to create independent sequence numbers for files in different folders, for example.
- Single-file sequences can optionally not have any sequence number. (Focus on the "Group by" input field, then choose "Insert Laziness Indicator" from the "Edit" menu.)
- Title Case conversions can now either keep existing formatting for words shorter than a certain length, or convert them to lowercase.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Resolved an issue that made the Rename button invisible when using Dark Mode and Increased Contrast settings. (Hat tip to William H. for finding this one.)
- The file list can no longer be cleared during a renaming operation.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor