Name Mangler (was File List) is an easy-to-use batch file re-namer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more. But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility – it’s an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler’s Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.8 or later.
- Hold down Shift in the 'List' pop-up menu to select Files, Folders, and Folders Contents with one click.
- Set regular expressions' free spacing mode on/off in Name Mangler's preferences.
- Change the default action (Find and Replace) to whatever you like: Set up your action(s), then hold the Option key and select File > Save Default Configuration.
- The good/problem/error indicators are now distinct in both shape and color; we apologize for the previously non-differented indicators, which caused problems for color blind users.
- If you exclude files from renaming operations, we now present a (hopefully) much clearer dialog, letting you know that files won't be renamed.
- Updated indicators in the List pop-up menu to more clearly show what's been selected.
- Fixed a bug involving quotes when using Find in Advanced mode renaming actions. (Hat tip to Hermann W. for finding this one.)
- Fixed a bug related to manually entering a value in the Index field of the Insert or Remove action, then using the up and down arrows.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor