Name Mangler (was File List) is an easy-to-use batch file renamer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more.
But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility – it’s an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler’s Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
- Added tags to metadata field for Mavericks users.
- Name Mangler can now check for changes in Terms List files and use updated values, if present.
- Fixed a bug in the open source regular expression engine that Name Mangler uses.
- Fixed a bug related to renaming both files and folders in one operation.
- Improved interaction between mouse and keyboard in the metadata browser.
Intel, OS X 10.6 or later