Name Mangler (was File List) is an Easy-to-use batch file re-namer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more.
But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility – it’s an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler’s Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
- All locked files can now be renamed in one operation.
- Added support for grandparent (and higher) folder names in metadata.
- Added a contextual menu in the file list area to remove one entry or clear the list.
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Modernized the interface.
- Help has been updated.
- Fixed a smart quote issue in text areas, including Advanced mode.
OS X 10.7 or later