Name Mangler (was File List) is an Easy-to-use batch file re-namer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more.
But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility – it’s an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler’s Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
- File list area now allows selecting multiple files for removal from the list, or for quick rearranging.
- Added Suffix to the Sequence command, allowing sequences to easily be added to the front of filenames.
- Added yyyy and yyyy-MM date formats; HH-mmm and HH-mmm-sss time formats.
- Added 'Clear on quit' to History retention options.
- Added 'Number of Files in Parent Folder' metadata item. (Hat tip to Kristaps A. for the suggestion.)
- Command + arrow keys no longer override OS X's built-in text navigation shortcuts.
- Added a warning dialog if the same renaming action is applied twice in a row to the same source files.
- Adding steps no longer automatically shows interim results.
- Fixed a bug related to regular expressions.
- File count metadata types ignore invisible files, if Name Mangler is set to ignore invisible files.
- New logic and controls for selecting a detail display mode when selecting files is enabled.
Intel, OS X 10.6 or later