MultiMarkdown Composer is a text editor specifically designed for writing in MultiMarkdown (or regular Markdown).
By using an editor built around Markdown/MultiMarkdown, you can focus on the *writing*, rather than worrying about formatting and styles. Composer’s intelligent tools provide automatic support while you write — organize your document with the Table of Contents, quickly insert links, images, etc. with the References sidebar, and quickly review CriticMarkup edits.
- Read and write files
- Intelligent editing support — “smart pairs”, automatic formatting of Markdown block structures (lists, blockquotes, tables), easily create links and images, and much more
- Live HTML preview
- Supports MultiMarkdown v6 (including regular Markdown compatibility mode)
- CriticMarkup support, including live change tracking and including your edits in the preview
- Automatically cleans up Markdown formatting to quickly fix problems when copying text from other sources
- Typewriter Mode to keep the cursor in the center of the screen
- Auto Zoom to make the most use of the window, regardless of what size you make it
- Sync MultiMarkdown metadata tags with macOS file tags automatically
- File comparison — compare two files and convert the differences into CriticMarkup to easily handle file revisions shared from other users
- Fixed issue when opening OPML/ITMZ files that didn't match the expected format
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor