MPlayerX is an alternative media player powered by ffmpeg and mplayer.
“Well, I was really tired of Mplayer OSX. It runs OK but, it looks like a ninety year old man.”
And also, the new technology Apple prevailed, such as Core Animation, Grand-Central Dispatch, even OpenCL, pushed me to give them a try.
So I started without even knowing how to program under Mac, came to know Xcode, Objective-C 2.0, Cocoa and the Core family.
It is still in such a primary status, I will keep on enhance and figure out how to do this and how to do that.
Now it could do
- Multi-Screen Fullscreen support
- Apple Remote support
- Multi-Touch support
- Automatic find next proper file to play
- Auto detect the encode method of subtitle file (with Universal Charset Detector)
- Multi-Threaded ffmpeg support
- Change subtitle size while playing(except VOBSub)
- Remember last played time and resume playing
- New: support for Mountain Lion
- New: support for Retina Macbook Pro
- New: add Hardware Accelerated Video Decoding
- New: retrieve the name and language of subtitle tracks
- New: show current/total time when playback resumed
- New: refine file type icons
- Pref: more options for saving snapshots
- Translation: add Hungarian
- Fix: seeking with arrow keys or control make playback rewind
- Fix: sometimes “Not supported” panel pops up incorrectly and refuse to play