Apple Motion is designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time feedback as you work.
Breakthrough Speed and Quality
- New 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro.
- ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications.
- Shared Render Engine provides consistent quality with Final Cut Pro and Compressor.
- Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results.
- Motion taps the GPU on the graphics card for high-speed rendering and exporting.
Editor-Friendly Design Tools
- Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel.
- Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion.
- Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls for making changes as you edit.
- Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 Apple-designed elements.
- Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results.
Easy Animated Text and Titles
- Design dramatic text effects with complete control over position, opacity, rotation, and more.
- Animate text instantly by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On.
- Build a credit roll by importing a text file; the Scroll behavior optimizes the speed for you.
- Move, scale, or rotate a single character with the Adjust Glyph tool.
- Ripple text one character, word, or line at a time with the Sequence Text behavior.
- Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming.
- Enhance your 2D or 3D animations with more than 130 filters using the FxPlug 2 standard.
- Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature.
- Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter.
- Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects.
- Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots.
- Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project.
- Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights.
- Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface.
- Highlight or de-emphasize various objects by defining a range of focus.
- Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior.
Quick, High-Quality Output
- Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube.
- Choose to output the ProRes 4444 format for uncompressed quality at small file sizes.
Introducing 3D titles
- Beautifully animated and easily customizable 3D text
- Simple templates to get started quickly
- Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
- Save any 3D title and access it instantly in Final Cut Pro X
- Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks in one click
- Customize your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting, and edges
- Additional controls let you adjust environments, shadows, and more
- Instantly convert any 2D title to 3D
- Create advanced 3D looks with multiple materials and edges on each character
- Flexible surface-shading with options for texture maps, diffuse and specular reflection, and bump mapping
- Cast shadows from 3D text onto itself and other objects in a 3D scene
- Add multiple lights, cameras, and tracking to any 3D title
- In-camera glint effects
- Support for sequencing 3D text animations
- 12 new generators including Manga Lines, Sunburst, and Spiral Graphics
- Improved keyframing including copy and paste in the Timeline
- Improved mask and shape creation for rectangles and circles plus conversion to bezier shape for more control
- Easily monitor background Share operations from within Motion
- Improved performance on Intel-based GPUs
- Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames like Echo and Trails
- Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
- Sony XAVC-S
- JVC H.264 Long GOP
OS X 10.10.2 or later