Slide out Notification Center to quickly see key performance data for your Mac, such as CPU, Memory, Disk, Network and Battery. Click the charts to drill down and reveal more details. Click the Network and Disk Icons to view even more data.
Monit Widget is a modest, but ambitious, Notification Center Widget for monitoring your Computer.
Limitations due to AppStore sandboxing and other Known Issues:
○ An AppStore App is not allowed to read system sensors (SMC), so we cannot show detailed temperatures and other sensor data such as fan-speed.
○ An AppStore App is not allowed to read all processes on the system. This means that the Top-3 App List will not necessarily contain the processes that are currently using the most resources. The List will however show the applications that are using the most resources.
○ MONIT will underreport Memory usage for Applications in the Top-3 List that spins of sub-processes which we are not allowed to read. In practice, MONIT is quite accurate given the sandbox restrictions it operates under, but for certain applications it will underreport. If you compare with Activity Monitor, you should compare with “Real Memory” and aggregate memory usage of sub-processes.
○ The thermometer uses an Apple API that does not seem to work properly on older Macs. On MacBooks from 2015 and later it appears to work fine.
- New: Colors. The new white background in MacOS Sierra Notification Center makes it a challenge to create a nice UI that is easy to read at a glance. A monitoring widget needs a dark background, in our opinion. We therefor use a background color that we think best suits the widget, but perhaps not Notification Center as a whole. We hope you'll give it a chance.
- New: Persistent UI. Expanded rows will remain expanded on restart
- New: Thermometer for overall system temperature. Please note that an AppStore App is not allowed to read sensor data which means we cannot show detailed temperatures. To do that, we would have to create a non-sandboxed "helper app" which you had to download outside of the App Store. We want to play within the rules, so Monit's thermometer is limited to displaying the total thermal state of the system. We hope you agree with us that it is still quite useful. There are 4 thermal levels; normal, fair (fans running), serious and critical. See also known issues
- New: Top-3 Lists of Applications using most Memory and CPU. Click an App in the list to switch to that App. Open Activity Monitor by clicking its icon. See known issues for limitations
- New: S.M.A.R.T. Status and Temperature for Disk's that support SMART
- New: Power Usage in Watt when running on Battery. Click the label to show a popup with other electrical units
- New: More information in popup menus and a new Uptime popup menu
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor