MKVtoolnix is a set of tools to create, alter, and inspect Matroska files under OS X, Linux and other Unices, and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my Matroska tools are officially released as a first public beta version. Although all of them are still under heavy development, I urge you to download the software, test it and report any errors you encounter to me. I’m always grateful for good bug reports because I miss so many mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your feedback is important to me 🙂
- new feature: added options in the preferences to only show the list of often used languages/country codes/character sets in their respective selections instead of both the often used and the full list.
- job output tool bug fix: the button for acknowledging warnings & errors wasn't properly disabled when the user used outside methods of acknowledging them (e.g. via the menu or via the job queue).
- multiplexer enhancement: added a column "source file's directory" to the track list.
- multiplexer enhancement: added an option for selecting all tracks of the currently selected source files in the source file context menu.
- mkvmerge was entering endless loops under certain conditions when appending files.
- MPLS parser: fixed reading the "in" & "out" timestamps for "play items".
- VobSub: mkvextract will add a "langidx" line to the .idx file upon extraction.
- added support for HDMV TextST subtitles
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor