Analyze and visualize numbers in new and intuitive ways. The new Excel for Mac enables you to turn numbers into insights. Familiar keyboard shortcuts and data entry enhancements like formula builder and autocomplete immediately make you more productive. Excel also helps you visualize your data by recommending charts best suited for your numbers, and letting you quickly preview the different options. New PivotTable Slicers help you discover patterns in large volumes of data.
- Recommended charts. Choose the best chart that Excel recommends for your data.
- PivotTable Slicers help you discover patterns in large volumes of data.
- Use the Analysis Toolpak add-on to perform complex statistical or engineering analyses.
- The Formula Builder pane helps you create formulas that enable you to tap into the full power of Excel’s formulas.
- Most Excel 2016 for Windows functions are supported for easier file sharing between Mac and PC.
- Print Improvements, including the ability to print to a single PDF file.
- Familiar keyboard shortcuts of Excel for Windows are now also available on Mac.
- Collaborative editing: Work with others at the same time in your workbook. Thumbnails in the upper-right corner of the window show who else is viewing or editing the file with you.
- We save for you! Changes are saved automatically for documents, worksheets, and presentations stored in the cloud, and you can see others’ updates in seconds. Need to roll back? Check the version history for a list of changes and access to earlier versions.
- More charts: Use new charts, such as funnel, sunburst and histogram, to transform your data into professional visualizations, or use the new Map chart type to transform geographic data into a map with just a few steps.
- More functions: Shorten the formulas you write using the new logical functions IFS and SWITCH.
- Quickly access your sites and groups: Quickly find presentations stored in your frequently used sites and groups in the Open menu.
- Better support for PivotTable charts: Change your filters in a PivotTable, and the chart you created will automatically adjust to show exactly what you want.
- Multi-threaded calculation Formulas are updated faster when values are changed, because Excel uses multiple processing threads.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor