Metadatics is a powerful and advanced audio metadata editor. It supports batch editing of most common audio file types including MP3, M4A, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, APE, OGG, WMA, and more. Lookup metadata from online sources, rename files based on metadata, or manipulate metadata using one of the many built in functions. Metadatics provides all you need to edit metadata with ease and flexibility.
- Batch Editing – Edit multiple files at once quickly and easily.
- Functions – Metadatics has a number of built in function to quickly manipulate data. Replace text, remove characters from the beginning or end of a tag, generate number sequences, copy from tag-to-tag, and much more!
- Online Sources – Search for album artwork and tags from sources including Amazon and MusicBrainz.
- Album Artwork – Metadatics supports reading and writing multiple images per file. Artwork can be extracted from files and saved as a separate image file. You can also search for artwork from online sources including Amazon.
- File Rename – Generate directory structures and rename files based on metadata.
- Support For Many Metadata Formats – Metadatics supports reading and writing ID3v1, ID3v2, MP4, Vorbis, APE, and ASF tags all from a variety of audio file types.
- Added support for writing ID3v2.3 tags to MP3s.
- Added support for selecting string encodings for ID3v2 tags.
- Added a "Sorting" tab to the metadata editor.
- Added the ability to paste album artwork from image data or image URL on the clipboard.
- Added the ability to resize and convert album artwork.
- Added Quick-Look support to the Online Album Cover Search window.
- Added an option to skip leading zeros in the File Name To Tag function.
- Added an option to ignore roman numerals when changing capitalization.
- The Album Artwork Panel now displays image data size and image type.
- Added "Revert To Save" in the right-click menu.
- User is now alerted of invalid files.
- ID3v2 comment language is now set to English, allowing iTunes to read it.
- Changed wording on "Copy Selected Tags" to "Copy Selected File's Tags".
- Improve MusicBrainz Title Results.
- Files are now released from Apple's quarantine after being saved. I have no idea why Apple would quarantine your files.
- Fixed: Spelling mistake in one of the context menus.
- Fixed: Possible issue reading iTunes RATING tags.
- Fixed: Lyrics panel wouldn't always apply the lyrics to the selected files.
- Fixed: Sorting in the MusicBrainz query window would produce wrong results in the results window.
- Fixed: Album artwork resoultion might not always be displayed properly.
- Fixed: Track Total and Disc Total checkboxes were not connected in the View Options window.
- Fixed: General tab text boxes were 2px too far to the right.
- Fixed: Save files dialog now shows the number of files actually being saved.
- Fixed: Tag types in the Info tab are now updated after saving a file.
- Fixed: Save button is now disabled in preview mode.
- Fixed: "Adding Files" progress bar is now displayed when files are dragged to the icon.
OS X 10.6 or later