Meta helps you manage your ever-growing digital music collection.
With Meta you can easily edit information such as a song’s artist, title, album, album cover, etc. It supports editing of most audio formats such as mp3, mp4, m4a, flac, ogg, oga, spx, wav, aiff, and a variety of metadata formats including ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags.
- A polished, intuitive user interface that adopts OS X’s standards
- Write metadata to multiple files at once (Batch Tag Editing)
- Remove all metadata from files (Strip Tags)
- Change typecase (capitalise, upper/lowercase, titlecase), strip underscores
- Rename files based on their metadata or instead, convert filenames to metadata
- Find & Replace characters, words or strings in metadata, with support for regular expressions (patterns)
- Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata using a simple keyboard shortcut
- Automatically generate track numbers
- Benefit from built in file management operations (Move, Delete, Reveal in Finder)
- Interface is compatible with Retina displays
Album covers can easily be set or exported via drag & drop, and it is possible to configure Meta so that it scales, crops, and compresses images each time a new image is set, so as to keep your audio files’ size to a minimum.
- Column-based batch editing operations have been moved to their own submenu, and string transforms are now also available when relevant.
- Editing operations affecting all Tags have been restored to the file's list context menu (cut, copy, paste, paste missing).
- Fixed 'Create Directories' silently failing.
- Fixed multiple retro-compatibility issues causing crashes on macOS 10.8 & 10.9.
- Fixed copying of single values as CSV mistakenly adding an extra newline.
- Fixed autocomplete not preserving the typed-in typecase.
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor