Merlin is the only native network-based collaborative Project Management solution for Mac OS X.
This version offers many features propelling Merlin to the top of Mac OS X professional project management software.
Here are some of the main highlights in Merlin 2:
- Merlin has now a Web module which is included in this version of Merlin. The following browsers are supported: Safari 3, Firefox 2.0+ and Internet Explorer 7.0
- Merlin now supports special OS X 10.7 features like full screen and restoring last edited files.
- Network-based Collaborative Project Management
Collaborate with others on the same project file over the LAN or WAN with a single mouse click.
- Access Control for Users and User Groups
Resources can be either single Users or grouped into Resource Groups both of which can be assigned to activities and/or given specific access rights.
- Dynamic Planning Mode
Activities which haven’t started yet can be automatically moved to the current date. This is great news for devotees of Agile Project Management.
- Bi-directional Synchronization with iCal
Changes in Merlin are reflected in iCal and vice versa. You can also sync specific resources in a separate calendar.
- Enhanced Financial and Cost Models
You can now compare planned vs. actual costs with the ability to determine accruals per cost entry.
- Merlin und Merlin Server work now under OS X 10.9 as well.
- Merlin supports the Tags of Mavericks in the file save dialog.
- The synchronization between Merlin and Calendar is reimplemented for OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The features are the same, but with one exception: Changes made in the Calendar can not synchronized back to Merlin under OS X 10.9. In OS X 10.8 and earlier, this is still possible.
- Changing between the standard and Merlin print dialog under 10.8 could lead to an exception.
- Under special combinations of countries and languages, Merlin could not handle duration units properly.
- Resources from an LDAP directory could not be displayed in Merlin correctly.
- Some exceptions of the resource working times would not get exported into MS Project XML.
- A few error messages and notifications were misleading.
- Some project templates and reports are revised.
- Fixed some translation issues and typos.
- The German and English help files are updated.
Intel/PPC, OS X 10.4.11 or later